Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Skyrims controls on a xbox 360 controller but playing the game on PC?




Kyle


So I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this or has done this on their PC with other games? I was debating on weather I should buy skyrim for my xbox or PC and I decided that I wanted to get it for the PC for all the mods that are put out but I would really like to play it with an xbox 360 controller and I read that you can connect the 360 controllers to you windows PC. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I can map the controls to the controller the same way they would be in the 360 version of the game?


Answer
You can. I use my 360 controller in my PC version of Oblivion and mapped the buttons from the layout of my 360 version of the game. All you need is a controller mapping program. XPadder is good for that because there are profiles you can use for different games if you don't want to create your own.

If it's a wired controller, all you have to do is plug it in and let it update if you have Vista or Windows 7. XP won't automatically update so you need to get the drivers from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

If it's wireless, you must buy the wireless gaming receiver and get the drivers from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows if you have XP.

Is it possible to get a $700 Gaming PC that can play Skyrim on high settings?




Jett


My birthday is coming up and I want to get a gaming (laptop cause they're cheaper) so I can play AT THE LEAST 2011 games and below, but if I could get one for 700 that could play 2012 games like Skyrim that would be great! Thanks! I was thinking about going to my local computer shop.


Answer
Actually In terms of gaming and raw power... a desktop has a lot more to offer. You could buy say a 800 dollar gaming desktop, and the price for a laptop with about the same power, is about 1400-1600. If this changes you mind... take a look at MyCustombuild.com, they have a option for about 800 that will pack a much bigger punch than any 700 dollar laptop you will find on the market, will also play all games from 2011 and also ones from 2012(not ultra settings though).
ALSO*** Desktops are MUCH easier and CHEAPER to upgrade for gaming because usually the only upgrade you may need in the future is a video that you can pick up for 100-200 bucks to continue playing the newest titles. (really you can spend as much as you want on video cards, but 100-200 should do the trick.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Skyrims controls on a xbox 360 controller but playing the game on PC?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment