Friday, February 14, 2014

Some nice low specs pc games?




sami


I dont have a very strong laptop , so i wan some good low specs pc games, i already have vice city and san andreas, chicken invaders, plants vs zombie, total oversose ,rune and oni


Answer
Do you know what your specs actually are? Or just that they're low? What kinds of games do you like? I could give you a huge list of games I've played before I finally upgraded my PC a couple years ago if I knew your specs.

Some obvious/classic ones though:

Starcraft/Starcraft:Brood War

Diablo I and Diablo II

Tribes

Sim City 2000/3000

AirRivals - an online game I used to play non-stop. It's not quite as good as it used to be these days though, since it's more pay-to-win. though it technically is free.

Team Fortress 2 does well on low-spec machines, but you'd have to try for yourself. Great game.

You could also run many different emulators.

ZSNES or snes9x for Super Nintendo games.

Nesticle or Nestopia for NES games.

Project 64 for N64 games.

ePSXe for PS1 games.

And many others.


Really, there are many, many great games you can play on a low spec machine. Still, having your actual specs would be helpful.

Building a Gaming PC; Specs?

Q. HI :D

I'm currently in need of a new pc, and my dad offered helping me build one. Naturally, I thought of a gaming pc. However, I don't know a damn thing on the subject, so I'm asking for help on specs.

I need a pc that can run modern games, not only cheap facebook games, but games up to skyrim and stuff. My goal would be it running Doom 3 BFG Edition smoothly. Also, it would be nice if it could also run programs like After Effects with no problems. I don't need a DVD burner so rule that out.

If you have some idea of what specs I could use, I'd love to hear them. However, I need the budget to stay under $500, $600 tops.

Thanks to everyone in advance :D


Answer
Hello there :3

First off,
Congratulations on wanting to build your own PC :D I hope I can help in any way possible!

Alrighty,
the first thing you should know
is that the quality of a gaming PC is bottom line based upon the budget you have.
Most custom gaming PC's are at least $800 and can climb up to $5k but mind you that includes quite a few extra things.

In order to get that into budget range, try these:
-Reuse your tower case or buy a cheap one if you don't have one
-Reuse external parts i.e. mouse, keybaord, speakers etc.
-Reuse certain internal parts i.e. SATA cables (if it requires, kinda oudated though), RAM sticks if over DDR 2, Hard Drive Disks, (I suggest keeping your current one if it has a good amount of space on it and using it as a slave drive to the new PC)
-Reuse certain wires i.e. VGA, Sound ( Green Jack)
-Reuse your current screen if it's decent

*BUY NOTHING ACER, don't get confused with ASUS*
ACER = BAD
ASUS = GOOD

Things you're going to need that are new:
-Hard Drive; try to get anything from half a TB to a whole+
-Graphics Card; many different opinions on this but I suggest anything AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce
-Motherboard; again many different opinions. I suggest anything AMD or INTEL
-RAM; get a couple new ones if your old ones are DDR 2 and less than 4 GB
-Cooling Fan or Heat Sync; helps to keep the temp down, good invesment
-Battery; That is if your old one is about to kick the bucket

Now,
there is soooo much more you can put in there. (Cooling System, Sound Card, New Case, etc)
Check out http://www.newegg.com/ and plenty of other sites to order parts and layout the actual computer you may want to build and get an actual price on it.

The layout I gave will play all games on optimal level of graphics. For Ultra, I suggest looking in further on each component and getting the best for ultra ( and also something that WON'T be outdated in the next 10 years if at all possible ).

I also didn't really touch on OS, that's up to you.
Personally I take to XP, much more stable but everything literally is becoming incompatible with XP :(


Anyhow I hope I helped xD tried to cover as much as I could in as short a way as possible!
Much luck to you, hope ya'll have fun. It's quite a sense of accomplishment in the end :) Hope you enjoy it! Give me a text or email if you need any help.

:3
Take Care
xx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Some nice low specs pc games?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment