Friday, February 28, 2014

I this a good PC gaming setup?




Schuyler


Processor: AMD Phenom ii x4 965 black edition
Motherboard: Asrock 970 EXTREME3
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8gb ddr3
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1gb overclock edition
Power Supply: CORSAIR tx650

I dont want anyone to answer no its not just because it is AMD and start going on about how intel with Nvidia is better. Just an honest answer



Answer
Yes, it's good. However you could tweak a couple of choices and make it better for the same price.

I agree that the FX-4300 is a better CPU value around $100 (while the original Bulldozer FX processors were slower than a Phenom II X4 965 in games, the Piledriver CPUs have much improved gaming performance).

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/700?vs=102

Also... if you're buying a GPU of the Radeon HD 7790/GeForce GTX 650 Ti or higher level, that's where it pays to spend another $20 and get a 2GB model. Some games (most notably Skyrim) need 2GB of VRAM to avoid major fps drops on ultra settings at 1080p. If your monitor resolution is 1680x1050 or lower, then you'll be fine with a 1GB card.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-review/6

You have more than enough power. In fact, I suggest saving a few bucks on the PSU with a Corsair CX600 or Seasonic S12II 620 and boosting your GPU a level instead. Move up to a GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon HD 7870. 600W is still plenty for a build with those cards, but your fps would be much better.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/03/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-2gb-review/3

Gaming Setup Essentials?




James


I have two monitors, one for pc and one for PS4. For the PC I have a quad core, 16gb ram, and a 3gb DDR5 AMD 7950. Peripherals: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013, Razer DeathAdder 2013, Steel Series Mouse Pad, Astro A40'S. I have AC4, BF4, CoD Ghosts and KillZone for the PS4. I was wondering if there was anything else I need/could have.
What is a good size SSD. Always was looking in to getting those, I have one with 128gb but I'm not sure if thats big enough.



Answer
I don't know what you were trying say "quad core" not much to know about your processor but it is probably good enough it seems like a good setup but if you are rolling in cash always concider upgrading graphics i just got a GTX 780 and i can play BF4 on 120fps on ULTRA maybe get SLI going double your graphics output if you're badass enough...
yeah.. i'll leave now sorry....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I this a good PC gaming setup?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment