Monday, February 3, 2014

I need help getting a new gaming pc?




Max


So first off I just want to say that I have never owned a gaming pc, but I do use my friends all of the time plus my fathers. I know a lot about using computers but I don't know anything about buying custom computers and all of that nonsense so you will have to speak English to me lol. So I am looking for a gaming PC (not a mac) that can play battlefield 2 and killing floor on medium-high settings for UNDER $400. I've heard from people that I can get one for $300-$400 easily but I don't know how and where to get the right one. I would appreciate f you could help me.

Thank you,
Max



Answer
A "good" gaming pc depends on your definition of good. To someone who really cares about uping those framerates and chisselled graphics then i laugh at $300-$400 for a "good" rig. Especially if you dont already have a keyboard/mouse/hardrive/cdrom/dvdrom/monitor/speakers.
However $400 could get you a "decent" computer to play games on "decent" graphics. You by all means wont impress your friends with max graphics on a game like crysis, however, you would be able to play most games on medium graphics and high performance games on low graphics. If your looking for a "good" gaming rig you are going to need a powerful processor/videocard and lots of fast ram. That alone for even cheap ones will go over you $400 range. It does help to have a buddy build it for you though cause you save out on labor costs and installation charges, which will cut a huge chunk out of your bill

decent gaming pc?




evilpete71


its under 1k which is less then i wanted. I was going to go with a better processor and a gts graphics card. Please give me suggestions and i will change it and post it back up lol.
Heres the system:
2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2MB Cache FSB 800
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler Extremely Quiet
ASUS P5K (Intel P35, 2xPCIEx, 8-Channel Audio, LAN, 4xSATA2, 1394, 1333FSB)
2GB (1GBx2) PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz Memory Lifetime Warranty
320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA300
18X Samsung SH-S182D Dual Layer DVD+/-RW/CDRW w/Nero
256MB nVidia GeForce 8600GTS GDDR3 PCI Express DVI/Tvout
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2
Apevia Black X-Plorer (4 5.25, 5 3.5 bays) 2 Fans, Window, Front Audio/USB/1394/Temp
650watt Cooler Master eXtreme Power RS-650-PCAR
Onboard LAN included
Onboard Sound included
Stereo Speakers (black)
Blue Neon Light for Case
Standard 1 year parts and labor

Ok i mainly play a few steam games,LOTS of bf2,a few games like runescape and stuff.So please give me sugestions.
Thanks



Answer
Always check system requirements for a game. Battlefield 2 wants video card with 128 ram NVieda GeForce 5700 or greater. You have 8 channel audio and stereo speakers. Spend for better speakers, at least a subwoofer but preferably a 5.1 setup. It is a fine system. I like the power supply, which could handle a 2nd video card in SLI mode. How many open bays? How many open slots? How many open PCI Express slots? How many USB ports? How many firewire? Do you burn a lot of DVD? If so, you will want a 2nd drive to read from. Does it really matter what color the neon is? One year parts and labor huh? Is that on site or send it back and wait? How long a wait? Install CDs or Recover CDs? I notice that CPU is 800 FSB but the motherboard is 1333 FSB. It is an OK machine. More than enough for the games you run today.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help getting a new gaming pc?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment