Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Help with building a PC Gaming Rig.?




Skull


I am a beginner to the PC building. I know nothing about the technical terms. I need the best gaming PC i can buy in my budget. My budget is between 600 to 900 dollars. I am just focusing on the computer right now i have a monitor, keyboard, mouse and all the software i just want the computer. I want a good enough build to play the higher end games but at a lower settings, but i want to be able to play the less demanding quality games at higher settings. For example i want to play battlefield 3 at the normal or low settings, but i want to be able to play minecraft or amra 2 at high settings. I tried doing this by researching by myself and i was leaning towards a AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor but i might change to intel given reason. Please help me i have until the beginning of April 2013 but i want to have a rough estimate of how much it will cost and what i need. also any tips or websites for future builds would be helpful.
And all of that is compatible and the gpu and cpu is balanced right so no bottle necking?



Answer
Hey

i've searched and looked around on newegg.

here is what i have come across. Total adds up to exactly 884$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072&Tpk=intel%20core%20i5-2500k%20sandy%20bridge%203.3ghz -

Intel core i5 2500k. One of the best quad cores out there for gaming.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

-Asrock Z68 extreme gen3 Mobo. Awesome on the budget but still kicks serious ass

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

EVGA gtx 550ti.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Antec nine Hundred mid tower case


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

OCZ 700W modular PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

Ripjaws series 8 gb ram (2x4gb)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136246&Tpk=LG%20oem%20disc%20drive

Oem disc drive from LG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533

And last but not least the hard drive.


Good luck!

Best pc rig for old games?




Ex


Hi. I am big fan of old games that we can't play in windows 7. I know some ways to play in win 7 but thats not true for all of them, in fact most of them. I also know about virtual machines, dosbox and such. I don't want any of them because they use software video and graphics sucks. I guess you can say that I don't need good graphics because I play old games. But thats not true. Need For Speed 3 also NFS 4 and NFS 5 and many other games can be played in 1920x1440 resolution(yes, i played higher resolution than full HD of 2013 in 2002, but stupid of me, i sold my crt. god i miss it), There are games like worms, midtown madness and such.
Anyway, I will get a new rig and i want it to be compability with win 98. I ask here because some firms don't make drivers for 98. And hoping for which firms should I buy parts from. I am hoping to use catalyst of amd or equivient of nvidia to boost graphic quality. I do that in my current pc(win 7) with couple of old games that I was able to play in win 7. Since they are old, i easly open full Anti Aliasing and such. It looks good belive me.
And since most the old games only support 4:3 aspect ratio, getting a 1080p monitor is not a question. Higher res you can get is 1280x1024 and it streches up to 1080. So, i am getting a Asus PB278Q which has 2560x1440p. Not solely for old games, i will be using cad and solidworks. But its great or old games! Because i will be able to get 1920x1440 which has more than 2 times of 1024p pixels. And it doesn't strech.
So far plan is good in paper. But i am not sure about other hardware. Should i get intel 2nd gen like 2500k, or newer 3rd gen or even a 4th gen haswell. Newer is the better because i am not only using it for games. I just want it to be ALSO able to play old games. Or any AMD AM3+ like FX8350. And about graphics card, nvidia or amd? I prefer which has better driver support for win 98 and old games. Motherboard is an issue too. Gigabyte says in its am3+ motherboards clearly, that they won't support win 98.
Any kind of thoughts, suggestions and helps appreciated. Thanks...



Answer
Well, I don't think you could easily "build" a Windows 98 gaming computer from modern parts. You would have to try a local classifieds site such as Craigslist or Kijiji (that's what I did), or buy one off eBay. eBay vintage PCs are expensive, but you could always buy a Windows 2000 computer and install Windows 98 on it (again, that's what I did). You could also try Freegeek, although it seems like more of a local thing. Check out the link below, it sort of helped me. You can always build it from older parts, too.
I would recommend Windows 98 Second Edition, like in the article below.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help with building a PC Gaming Rig.?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment