Friday, June 6, 2014

Question for Gaming PC?




Andrew Cox


Hello. I am completely new when it comes to computer tech. I bought a lap top and then a desk top computer and I had World of Warcraft on both of them just to try it out. A little lag but no big complaints. But I did want to upgrade my desk top more for gaming because I wanted to play more games and have it run smoother on higher graphics. I haven't played in a while but was thinking about starting again. So I'd like to know what I should know about what I should upgrade and the right tech for me. Just glancing at the side of my PC it says:
AMD Phenom ll 840T Quad-core Processor
6GB DDR3 system memory
1 terabyte hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics

Again I don't really know much, but I would like too learn more. Sorry if I have a lack of information, it's based on ignorance. So please any and all information about the tech that I have or need to have would be very much appreciated and helpful. Or if there is a website that would help me understand better and show me how to install new tech would be greatly appreciated also.



Answer
First I would recommend getting a good graphics card to play high quality games, I own a NVIDIA which is great.

I would also recommend a good quality monitor capable of high resolutions (1080p), since it is what you will be looking at the most.
I have 2 quad processors in my PC, which is more than I need honestly, your processors should be fine.

1 terabyte hard drive is great, however I would recommend getting a SSD (solid state drive) as your (C:) drive and use the HDD as a different drive for extra storage. I have this feature on my gaming PC and it is fantastic, I install all necessary programs on the SSD for fast access to them and other programs that don't take as much space goes in there as well. For my other 1tb HDD I install big programs like steam and other games in there so it doesn't clog up my (C:) drive.

In terms of ram, 6gb won't be enough for big quality games like battlefield and COD, My computer has 16gb ram which does the job well. If you can, 20gb of ram should be more than enough.

Extra additions are double monitors, if you have your old monitor, get another cable and set up a double monitor with your new one. It is helpful for having multiple windows open.

How does PC gaming work?




raoul.z


I play consoles but i never played games on the pc or learned how they do it. Do you buy a controller or just play keyboard? How do you know if your system is powerful enough for certain games? Im totally new so a full explenation would be helpful. peace
Thanks for the response but im still quite confused. Can you explain to me what this means: "Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)"



Answer
I have the PS3 (80GB MGS4 bundle) and it's beside my desk collecting dust. I plan to clean it so I can continue playing the Killzone series - Killzone 3 to be exact. Now why it's been collecting dust is b/c I mainly use my PC as my entertainment system, especially my gaming PC, will destroy any and all graphics on consoles. I'm not getting arrogant, this is the absolute truth in the gaming community!

Building a gaming PC has its rewards ::

+ You gain a lot of experience.

+ You know what YOU, the gamer, want in YOUR PC, and not some co. giving you 2 or 3 options.

+ Your gaming PC is unique to your tastes.

Downsides in owning a gaming PC ::

- You need to keep informed of what's going on in the PC gaming world (has it's - as well as its +).

- If a game comes out on all platforms - PS3/360/PC - your PC hardware can easily get old if you haven't upgraded or keep it in check. All games will work for consoles, but it's not the same for PCs b/c of low RAM, CPU, or GPU (graphics card) which is the most changed hardware.

- Exclusive games only on PS3/360 leaving PC gamers out unless they own a console.

Most games are hugely targeted for console users, and the PC gamers are left out unless if they have a console. Add to this, PC games can highly be developed with stunning graphics like DX10/DX11, but since the same game is also on consoles, PC gamers most of the time cannot use their PC to its full potential but are stuck using DX9 to balance out all platforms. But you can get around this by mods. An example is Crysis (PC exclusive). It's the de facto of benchmarks for most PC gamers. If your PC can run it, it'll run probably anything you throw at it.

Since I have been using PCs mostly, mouse/keyboard is second nature to me. There has been a "Berlin wall" built up among PC and console gamers shouting m/k is better vs. controllers are better. I have seen controller users very talented so I won't judge. For most PC games, controllers can be used like the 360 controller. If you dislike the button configurations, you can download an app. to reconfigure the controller buttons to your taste. But m/k is easy to learn and adapt.

Building a gaming PC's easy; you need to make sure all the motherboard, CPU, and RAM are compatible with each other and where to connect. If you can install batteries in a remote control knowing where +/- goes, you can build it. Deciding what to buy can be intimidating b/c there's a huge library.

Here are some web sites to help you ::

http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/inâ¦

http://www.build-gaming-computer-guide.câ¦

For $500, it's not impossible to build yourself a decent gaming PC. Add maybe $200 you can build a powerful system. More is better, but we all have our limits.

It all depends on you. Since the majority of games are on consoles, it wouldn't make sense to build a gaming PC and use it to play only a few games. Dividing your time between all three platforms may be tedious. One thing's for sure - I regret buying the PS3 after I discovered my love of gaming on PC (but some games are exclusives like Killzone 3 no way around that so in a way I'm glad I bought the PS3).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question for Gaming PC?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment