Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Gaming PC configuration ?




SD


Hey.. I was looking forward to get a new Desktop PC. My old one is not enough to support Latest games. I already have a PlayStation 2. But since, All latest games are either coming up on PS3 or PC, I wanted to get a new PC, with some Good Gaming configuration.
A Person who deals in Assembling Gaming PCs suggested me the following configuration :
AMD 7750 Processor
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
Windows Vista
500 GB Hard Disk

I don't have much knowledge about the Configuration, But he came up with a Total of around 17k for the CPU. I want to play games like Crysis, GTA4, Assassins Creed etc.
Can someone tell me whether this configuration is OK or NOT ?
Or Suggest me a Good configuration (NOT TOO COSTLY) to run Latest PC games ?
Thank-you!



Answer
To play those games esp. Crysis with any degree of smoothness and detail you'll need much more than that to start with. I was using a 9600GT and it struggled with Crysis with any anti-aliasing or higher settings.
I now have a 4890 Radeon, the instantly obsolete one that came out last year, to be superceded a few months later by the 5000 series, which I would look at buying now if I hadn't spent $220 on my card. It's still a great card though, the best single GPU card ATI made until the 5870 came out which would blow it away and is probably overkill for you anyway.
If you can afford a 5850, around 300 or less, go with that if you really want it for heavy gaming.
You could go with the new i5 series CPU,or do what many gamers do and get a fast dual core intel, since quad cores aren't all used yet by games. It is nice to have if you run many programs at once though - mine's a Quad Q8200 and it works fine on an Intel DP45SG mobo.
You'll have to decide between AMD and Intel first, and for now I think Intel has the upper hand with their cpu's, which will determine your mobo.
Then do you go with 775 socket, which is still good but getting old, or go with the new 1156 socket which will allow the latest core i5 chips? I like the i5-750, which is a quad core at a good price.
4GB RAM minimum.
I use a WD 500GB Caviar Black for my data drive, and it's fine. My bootup and OS and a few programs reside on an Intel 80GB X 25-M SSD, and it is screamingly fast, if you want to spend a ridiculous amount for 80GB, or more.
Vista - no! I skipped straight from XP to 7 and avoided Vista like the plague. Win 7 is better and more robust than XP even was. I have the 64-bit version and rarely had compatibility issues.
Asus, Gigabyte make good mobos - I would choose one of theirs for a new build assuming ATX size.

Ok now I read the not too costly bit, so that rules out most of what I said - Go with an Intel core 2 duo for about $100 or so, an Asus 775 socket mobo, the drive is fine, 4GB RAM, a reasonable dvd burner for about $30, a 4850 Radeon video card minimum! or 4770 maybe, Win 7 HP, a decent PSU by Seasonic say 450W minimum - don't buy cheap. If you can afford one get a UPS system for safety or at least a surge protector.
And a decent case to put it all in, with quick release fittings for drives etc.

I think Tom's Hardware has a Gaming PC for several budgets, starting at , I forget maybe 750.

The above should be around 700 or less, at a very quick estimate. You can also get parts off ebay if you feel safe doing that and know what you're doing.

Don't forget the incidentals like sata cables, DVI or HDMI cables, thermal paste and other items you will need,

Make sure the components you choose will work together eg get the right RAM for your mobo, and keep performance in the same range eg a high end gfx card will be held back by a cheap cpu/mobo comination.
Good luck.

Question about Gaming PC?




Colby


Hi guys, I'm looking to buy the best gaming PC I can with a $2,000 budget. I'm not even sure where to begin because I don't have a firm enough grasp of computers to build my own but I definitely don't just want to dump it all into some random alienware one. Any recommendations for either some sort of tutorial on building my own, or maybe just something you guys can come up with for my price range? I also considered buying a Asus g73jh laptop, would that be able to play any PC game to date, or would it just be better to go for a PC? Thanks for taking the time to read and help.


Answer
For less than $2,000, you can get a great PC setup, but it's always better to build your own. If you're not familiar with building your own, then at least go for hardware pack bundles from places such as Newegg.com or Tigerdirect.com.

For PC gaming, the most important pieces of hardware on the top of your list are the video graphics card and the speed & type of the CPU. As you select these, it's a good idea to get a capable motherboard that will take advantage of these. Other very important parts that are overlooked are the power supply, the memory, and the quality of your hard drive.

For the video card, one of the best places you can go to is Tom's Hardware. Take a look at this page: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-460-radeon-hd-5570-gaming,2697.html

Read it, but take note at the last link that is called "Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart". It's a long list of video cards and how they match up. The higher they are on that list, the better. Of course, it completely possible to get a card that is very fast, but is dragged slower by your other components. I would recommend getting either an Nvidia GTX 280,285,470, or an ATI 4870, 5870 or 5970.

For the motherboard, take a look at this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128425
Gigabyte makes good motherboards. That one is highly recommended by several sources for it's flexibility, long warranty and high quality. I have a Gigabyte mb, and it's damn good. Slip a processor in there such as an Intel Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz ($114 at Newegg) and you have a system ready for anything 5 years from now. Other comparable good mb's are Biostar and EVGA. If you prefer and AMD compatible mb, get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443.

Which should you get, intel or amd? It's a tough choice for me. Intel may have a few processors out there that are faster, but AMD's a generally more inexpensive and utilize power and heat very efficiently.

For memory, look into Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
Another good memory manf. is G.Skill. Kingston and Crucial are good, but only if you get the expensive ones.

For power supply units, go for Antec, Cooler Master, or Corsair. At the very minimum, go for a 550w, the higher the better.

The hard drive. Generally, it doesn't make too much of a difference as long as you stick with the known ones, such as Western Digital or Maxtor. But now that the prices have come down, get a SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" with at least 650GB, but 1TB or 2TB is of course, better.

The other things you'll have to cover as per your preference, such as the type of DVD drive, cooling options, operating system and case. If you want better sound than the one that comes with the motherboard, invest in a sound card. All of this shouldn't cost between $850-1,200, depending on your options.

Don't ignore those combo deals from Newegg at the bottom of the page, though. Some will lower your overall price.

That Asus does sound very good, and will play any game to date. I especially like that video chip that it has in it. But remember, a desktop PC will always be better at doing things, & is far more upgradeable, which is important for a gamer. Laptops are also more expensive.

As far as tutorial, I direct you again Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-pc,2601.html

Building your own PC is frustrating but very rewarding in the end. You'll have to sweat to installing the drivers, making sure wires are connected correctly, and sometimes hunt online for extra help when you're in trouble. My built PC is 3 years old, can run everything, and with just a few upgrades here and there, will still be a good PC 3 years from now. Plus, I'm making it do things my way, overclocked. There is no advertisements from the manufacturer, no crappy added software. There is no computer manufacturer in the world that can build a better PC than a self built one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A Gaming PC configuration ?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment