Monday, August 5, 2013

Should I get a new power supply for my computer?

best gaming pc power supply on Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 520C 520 W
best gaming pc power supply image



madeinindi


I'm updating my computer to a gaming pc. How do I find how many watts my power supply puts out without having to open the case and should I get a new power supply for better performance. Thanks.


Answer
It all depends on what you are sticking into that motherboard of yours. For example, I run two EVGA e-GeForce 6800 GS vid cards, 2 250 GB hard drives, two cooling fans, a AMD Athlon FX and still carry a 500 watt power supply. To be honest with you though, power supply would not affect your performance unless there is a lack of power. You might want to check out each out your video cards, cooling fans, hard drives, etc for the power supply required, then check your power supply by (assuming windows xp) right clicking my computer, properties, and then checking out your hardware profiles. The bottom line is that a new power supply is not needed unless you are using more than 90-95% of the power.

What is a good motherboard to start out with for a gaming PC?




Stickman


I'm adding up how much it would cost if I built my own gaming PC

I want to use a i5 processor with a 500w minimum power supply and I've been told I should get the GeForce 660 graphics card

Whats a great motherboard to go with?



Answer
Socket pls




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I get a new power supply for my computer?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!gyh9v

    ReplyDelete