Friday, January 24, 2014

Should I buy a gaming pc in parts or all at once?

best gaming pc for $750 on Build A Gaming PC For $350 - February 2013 | DIY Reviews!
best gaming pc for $750 image



Jose


I'm trying to build a gaming PC that's around $1400.00. I'm on a tight budget so i was thinking i could buy it in parts. This would allow me to splurge a little on better parts. Problem is the return policy is only good for 30 days so if something's broken, I've just got a bunch of expensive paper weights lying around. This is my first time doing this and I'm curious as to how it's normally done. Any suggestions?


Answer
$1400 isn't a "tight" budget for a gaming PC. In fact, I would consider a budget over $1k quite roomy. A common midrange build goes for around $750. The tightest budget gaming build I ever worked on was ~$500.

So with $1400, buy it all at once. There is absolutely no reason to do otherwise.

Here's a ~$1200 build:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17385591

Note that there's enough extra budget space to a combo of any of the following:
>SSD, Bigger case, higher end motherboard, water cooling, more RAM, bigger HDD, or better GPU (though the GTX 670 is already the second fastest single-GPU card on the market).

What are the main things you need for a gaming pc?




Edge


I want to build a gaming pc and I need help. I mainly want to know whats required and wants mainly wanted.
I'm kind of on a $450 budget so please keep that in mind. Thanks!



Answer
Number 1 thing I'd look for first is a good graphics card you can go with ATI or Nvidia. Newegg and Tigerdirect usually have good deals on 550 ti or 560 Ti cards which are Nvidia.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363

Second thing your going to want a decent Cpu i5 or i7 for Intels will do good. Or you could go with Amd they just came out with there 8 core which is the same as Intels i7 but 60-70 $$ cheaper.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103960

Good power supply, I'm not to worried about the brand but get one around 600-750 watts.

Ram go with 1600 or higher. With at least 8gb. I have 12 but never use it all.

Hard Drive go with 7200 rpm or get a solid state drive (SSD) and put your OS on it you will have good boot times and then you can put games or whatever on a different drive.

Motherboard - make sure it's compatible with your cpu if your getting a 8 core/quad core AMD will be AM3+ and intel will be LGA 1155 I believe.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy a gaming pc in parts or all at once?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment