Monday, December 30, 2013

What part should I replace in my laptop to fix issues with it shutting down?

best gaming pc power supply 2013 on , Power Supply, And Optical Drive - System Builder Marathon, Q2 2013 ...
best gaming pc power supply 2013 image



alton


I have a gateway P-7811 FX. It's a very capable laptop, complete with a dedicated video card.
Under normal use (Word, Excel, Chrome, BlueJay, Eclipse) there are never any issues whatsoever. But when I use it for any sort of gaming, it will shut down after anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half of use. It has shut down on lots of games including high spec games like GTA 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony, and low spec games like Surgeon Simulator 2013. It shuts down when it is plugged in, as well as when it is relying solely on the battery. I think it might be an issue with either the power supply, or the use of the dedicated video card, but I really don't know for sure. I am looking to either find a way to remedy this issue, or replace the faulty part.



Answer
Your computer has a feature that it will turn it's self of when it the CPU over heats. It does this to prevent frying the CPU and destroying other hardware in the computer. I recommend if this pc is a gaming system to look into adding or replacing fans, or to get a new heatsink. You might want to check into watercooling system.

What is The Best Gaming Laptop for My Budget?




TheVollsta


I got a budget of 27000 Norwegian Kroner which is about 4594 dollars.

I need a PC that's able to play most games at least on high and maybe, but not necessarily Ultra.

I'm new to PC gaming - you know i'm the typical Console boy or whatever.. lol so i dont understand much of the pc language.

BTW, I've been looking to buy the Razer Blade Pro when it comes out, but it seems like they aren't shipping to where i live

--I give best answer--

Thank you for your time!



Answer
For your budget you could get TWO Asus or Alienware (Dell) top machines with good graphics chips. Then you could winter in Majorca or the Canaries with the rest of that budget.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/29/3909364/best-gaming-laptop-reviews
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2020688,00.asp
If you want superior graphics, get a ViDock and put a really high end card in it, use an exterior monitor. http://pcgamerhub.com/external-video-card-for-laptop-gaming/
Better is to build your own exterior PSIe-16x slot from a $100 kit from China and a standard desktop power supply for it. http://lifehacker.com/5851902/turn-a-low+powered-laptop-into-a-gaming-machine-with-an-external-video-card-dock




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What part should I replace in my laptop to fix issues with it shutting down?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment