Sunday, December 29, 2013

Is iMac i5 quad core best? Only serious answers please...?

best budget gaming pc july 2012 on Gaming Desktop Cases Computer Builds 2011 2012 - small computer desk
best budget gaming pc july 2012 image



Amardeep


As question tells all about, I am going to buy an i5 iMac this Monday. As I have some money in my budget for that :) It has quad core processor. 21" screen. As I read somewhere that Apple may release new models of iMacs in June-July, but it don't meters as I am crazy to get one :) I like the design of iMac. However I don't need it, but I like it and want to have one.

At the moment I have good Laptop with i3 processor and 1GB graphics card and 500GB HDD. I also have desktop computer with 22" LCD screen. But, I had seen iMac of one of my friend. And I liked the design very much and also wanted to work on Mac OS X Lion. For more information, I am web developer, and I don't need heavy software, I only need Photoshop, Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver. Which I think it can run smoothly. But I also like some games in my free time, not too much heavy games, but small ones are enough to pass the free time, Games don't meter though.

Oh yes, I have choice too to chose one from two iMacs. I need good answer and please suggest me which one I should get. I know many will say "You can take a very good PC with half of the iMac price with good hardware". I understand but try to understand me, I already have them, but don't know why I can't stop myself to avoid iMac :D May be I wanna try Mac OS X, I know you will say "You can install Mac OS on your computer", but It is illegal and also there are problems with hardware like sound will not work, if it will work, will not work correctly, but I don't want to do that on PC. I want it on original Apple computer.

So, here are 2 iMac computers with price for April 2012:-

i3, Intel core 21.5" iMac, Price = $970
i5, Intel quad core 21.5" iMac, Price = $1230

Please take your time to answer this question, I need detailed answer with full attention! :)
And your kind help will be highly appreciated, And If you satisfy me with a good helpful answer, I will love you forever. I will never forget. Please answer..!!

Thanks a lot in advance.



Answer
I use iMacs and Mac pros at least 3 times a week so I can answer you this . I'm more of a of guy but macs are still great pc's no doubt in my mind . And to answer your question it depends on your perogative . The i3 iMac will have enough power for the programs you mentioned , however it doesn't have a good graphics chip . It won't game well at all and you mentioned you may want to game on some off time . So if that is the case the i5 one is by far more powerful and also has decent dedicated graphics . So if you wanna game I'd reccomend the one with the i5 since it has more processing power and a dedicated gpu . Neither will be game maxing beasts but the i5 one can play new games at moderate settings . :) hope this has helped

What would be a good desktop computer for me?




pup_e_paws


Umm, I'm not a serious gamer or anything, but I play the Sims 3 and I have all the expansions for it, and I play the Sims Medievel. I am looking for a desktop computer that can handle that, but that isn't too pricey. The most I'm willing to pay is $600. My friend bought her computer for $300 and she plays the same games as me as well as Skyrim, so don't tell me that I won't find a computer within that budget. I just would like to know what brand is best. Thanks!


Answer
Well, the problem with a prebuilt system, even for minor gaming use...
is that they all come with integrated graphics OR a seriously crippled dedicated graphics card.
Even for Sims use, I would recommend you build your own system.
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budget-gaming-pc-july-2012/
Check out tier ".75" at the link above. With an OEM copy of Windows 7, the cost to build will be just over $500...and the performance will literally CRUSH the $300 computer that your friend bought.

But if you aren't ambitious enough to build your own system, the best you can do is buy a pre-built system and add a decent graphics card to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103455
That's a good brand with very good specifications, other than lacking a video card. So...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150581
There's a very high quality video card that will give you a good gaming experience, cheap. And it has a low-profile bracket included, so it should fit the case of the Acer system linked above.
Total cost about $430. It would be tough to beat that for value. You'd have to build your own, to do it...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is iMac i5 quad core best? Only serious answers please...?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment