Saturday, December 21, 2013

what is the best kind of desktop computer to buy for someone who needs a computer for school and is a gamer?

best gaming pc under 750 on Left 4 Dead wins Best PC Game at Spike's Video Game Awards
best gaming pc under 750 image



cathy


also downloads media and games and other stuff. my mom and i are buying my sister a new computer for christmas. i want it to be the best computer ever but i dont want to spend thousands. i think under 750 800 would do best. maybe even 600 but i want it to be a good computer. any ideas?


Answer
Sure the best gaming system will have these specs to it. It will work great for school work too.

An I5 3570 CPU
8GB of RAM at 1600MHz
A 500W 80+ Bronze rated PSU.
A Radeon HD 7870 graphics card or an Nvidia GTX 660 graphics card.

The rest you can come up with on your own.

Here is a link to custome built PC makers for you to decide on.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=custome+built+gaming+pc&qs=HS&form=QBLH&pq=custome+built+gaming+pc&sc=2-23&sp=1&sk=

Personaly I like this link best

http://www.originpc.com/

Some people tell me Bose are awesome for speakers, while some tell me a audiophile would not recommend them ?




Phil


If this is the case, what are excellent speakers (I don't care as much if they can be loud, I care ALOT more about crystal clear sound) on the market compatible with a high end gaming PC for probably under $750? And what about sound cards? Furthermore, what's the best type of connection (ex: optical, coaxial.....)?
I am also looking for some with great music-playing capabilities



Answer
The Audiophiles are right by saying Bose is junk. I previously owned a $400 dollar Bose Companion 5 system and it was EASILY bested by my new $200 pair of AudioEngine A2 speakers. Half the price... twice the performance. That should tell ya something.

But anyways... some good speakers for your computer, I have a bold recommendation for you. Avoid all the plastic computer speakers... no matter the price. I will recommend two brand names, one based on reviews and recommendations and the other based on personal experience.

M-Audio. I know friends who own M-Audio Speakers and they seem to be very well built. They're built from MDF wood rather than plastic like 99% of computer speakers out there. You can get them for under $200 depending on the model.


My personal recommendation is to go with AudioEngine. They're an American company that builds almost all of their own parts and then hand matches each speaker to another to make excellently matched pairs for market. They're also made of MDF wood (As apposed to plastic... Bose is plastic. ) and they have woven kevlar midrange/woofers and silk dome tweeters.

I own AudioEngine's A2 speaker system, their smallest powered speakers and I love them. They certainly don't go low as far as Bass goes, but their clarity and detail is unmatched by any other system I own at this time. I readily choose these AudioEngine's over my 8-inch JBL floorstanders because the A2s are far more vocal and enjoyable to listen to.

AudioEngine also makes bigger powered speakers called the A5 which have slightely larger woofers that go down a little lower in the bass ranges. Other than that, they're not that different from the A2s except for the fact that they are $325 compared to the A2's $200. It's all up to what you want to pay.

Finally, AudioEngine's powered speakers will hook up with 3.5mm jacks OR RCA inputs depending on what you need. You can hook them up to a high end sound card or an outboard DAC (how I have mine) and you will get excellent sound quality.


If you aren't into AudioEngine, look into speakers from these other great brands. JBL, Klipsch, Bowers and Wilkens, Boston. I don't know if any of those companies make speakers that are easily compatible with PC, but I do know they all make great quality speakers.






Sorry about the wall of text... if you didn't read it, here's my short list of what to buy if you want great music and gaming.

- AudioEngine A2 or A5 ($200 or $325)
- Music Streamer II USB DAC ($150)

Music Streamer DACs are also American-made and will outperform most sound cards in my experience. You can have an all-American sound system for half the price of Bose's Chinese made junk.


Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the best kind of desktop computer to buy for someone who needs a computer for school and is a gamer?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment