Saturday, December 21, 2013

If I get a gaming headset for my gaming pc, do I still need a sound card?

best gaming pc sound card on Creative Labs Audigy 2 Multimedia Sound Card - THG's Xmas 2002 Holiday ...
best gaming pc sound card image
Q. So I want to build a gaming pc with powerful sound so I can hear approaching enemies when I play FPSs. I want to get a gaming headset but I'm not sure if I get a headset, whether I need to purchase a sound card or not.


Answer
if you buy a USB headset, you will not need a sound card as you plug it straight into any free USB port on your computer, and the headset is seen by the computer as sort of a sound card in itself.

I used to use a headset with the regular jacks (the ones you find on your ipod and everywhere, i don't know what its called lol) but when using my microphone i found nothing but problems

since i bought my USB headset, ive never had a single problem with it. hope it helps :D

How can I build a computer that can run any game as good as a console?




Dell


I'm wanting to build my first gaming PC. I have a cap of 1200$ but I would really prefer to go much lower than that. (Considering I'm having to scrape up every dime of it by Scrap Metal and Selling things on Craigs list) I'm pretty lost.

I am wanting to plug this computer into my 32" TV for gaming and movies.

The games I want to play are

N64 Emulator

SNES Emulator

NES Emulator

Sega Emulator

MineCraft

Assassin's Creed

Skyrim

Battlefield 3

COD Black ops 2 (All COD games)

Portal 1 and 2

Left for Dead 1 and 2

Indie Games (Like Slender, Luna Games, Ao oni, etc)

I want it to play HD Movies/Video preferably my Blu Rays.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm wanting to go with a i7 Intel processor and 16 Gig of ram and the case is Coolermaster Haf 922m. The rest I am lost on. I don't know WHICH i7 processor I need. I don't know WHAT Motherboard is best, I haven't got the first idea on what to look for in a Video card or how much to go on one or if I need a Sound Card. I don't know how much I really need to spend to get what I want.

So could somebody help a little? and I'm BUILDING this. I want to learn, so I am not going to buy a prebuilt.



Answer
See my super duper long answer to your question in your Desktops post! :D

~Cindy! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I get a gaming headset for my gaming pc, do I still need a sound card?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment