Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Does a video card driver upgrade make the graphics better?

best gaming pc video card on Best Graphics Card. Best Video Cards.
best gaming pc video card image



scarraptor


I recently got into PC gaming, but my computer isn't a gaming PC. I've been looking into RAM cards, graphics card, all that.

Anyway, my question is that will a video card driver upgrade make the card more powerful(thus giving me the ability to improve graphics in games), or just make it compatible and support certain things?

Thanks in advance.



Answer
That's awesome that your getting into PC gaming! PC has the best controls by far and the graphics / performance exceeds console gaming.

To answer your question, no unfortunately driver upgrades will not make your card any more powerful. The point of driver upgrades is usually just to allow compatibility with new games and remedy any bugs that may occur when playing a game (bugs related to your graphics card anyways).

A graphics card is the most important part of your PC if you are wanting to play games but it is also imperative that you have a powerful CPU (Dual core, about 2.0GHZ+ now a days) as well as a decent amount of RAM (2GB+ now a days).

I would recommend a graphics card with 512MB memory and with a memory clock speed of 1500mhz or greater.. I normally use nVidia graphics cards.. I would look for an nVidia geForce 9600 or greater.

I hope this helps you out! Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions! - Eric

How would i search a game that requires less than 64mb video card?




Jamison La


is there a gamer's engine that do something like
category: rpg
platform: pc
video card: greater than 0 less than 64

thanks for help



Answer
Sorry, there is no such search engine.

Frankly, the first poster is right. 64Meg video cards haven't been made in many years. No recent games will work on this.

You are going to be looking for games from 2004 or earlier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does a video card driver upgrade make the graphics better?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment