Thursday, November 14, 2013

Why does my PC restart by itself when playing games with intense graphics?

best gaming pc headset 2011 on Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS SHOCK Foldable Professional Gaming Headset
best gaming pc headset 2011 image



Steven C


Hi,
Does anyone know why my PC restarts by itself when I'm playing a game like Crysis 3 on max or TERA on max graphics? I don't lag at all in game i get about 60-70FPS but the pc tends to restart by itself... when I play for more than 1hr and on TERA it's about 10-20minutes of gaming before my pc crashes. Here are the specs.
1 x CaseChimera Inferno 4SE Gaming Case - Flame
0 x Case LightingNone
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionNone
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal ExpansionNone
1 x ProcessorIntel® Core⢠i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820
0 x iBUYPOWER PowerDriveNone
1 x Processor CoolingLiquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
1 x Memory8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - **Special System Only** Free Upgrade to 16GB [4GBx4] DDR3-1866 G.SKILL RipjawsX
1 x Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti - 2GB - FREE Upgrade to 660Ti 2GB EVGA Superclocked - Single Card
1 x Video Card BrandMajor Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
1 x Free Stuff[FREE] - Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard - Free with purchase of any desktop
1 x Free Stuff[FREE] - Gigabyte GC-WB300D Bluetooth 4.0 / Dual Band WiFi Expansion Card - Free with purchase of ALL Desktop
1 x Free Stuff[FREE] Creative Labs Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
1 x MotherboardASUS P9X79 LE -- 2x USB 3.0
1 x Power Supply500 Watt - Standard
1 x Primary Hard Drive2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
1 x Data Hard Drive2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
1 x Optical Drive24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - *Black Friday Specials* FREE Upgrade to LG BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive Black
0 x 2nd Optical DriveNone
0 x Flash Media Reader / WriterNone
0 x Meter DisplayNone
0 x USB ExpansionNone
1 x Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
1 x Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
1 x Operating SystemWindows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit
1 x KeyboardiBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
1 x MouseiBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse - Blood Red
0 x MonitorNone
0 x 2nd MonitorNone
0 x Speaker SystemNone
0 x Video CameraNone
0 x Case Engraving ServiceNone
1 x Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Kinda worried I wanna get this fixed ASAP before the restarting randomly damages my PC
I'm not bragging but on the first day when I bought the PC and I was trying out crysis on max and after 3hours of playing, the screen turns black and I hear the pc power down then after a few seconds I hear it start up again... I was wondering if it was my power supplies problem because its 500W and I heard I needed a lot more for the 660Ti Superclocked



Answer
Your quite right..the 660Ti needs 450W when used with a normal "factory" machine, however you have a bit more "stuff" than just a simple rig. For a "simple rig with the 660TI you needed a 550W PSU but with your "extra" stuff I would have gone for a 600W or 650W

What power supply do I need for my gaming PC?




Ben


First of all, my setup works just fine when I'm gaming on sc2 and various steam games like civ5 and prime 95 type programs etc etc, so this is just out of curiosity i guess....
So my question is, do I need a bigger power supply supposedly???
I know that sounds ridiculous since it works fine with no blips at all, but why does everyone I talk to say I need a bigger power supply?
Am I just not pushing the system hard enough?
Oh, my watt consumption is like 350watts MAX during high end gaming from the wall including my speakers and monitor etc on the same surge protector.

Are power supply estimates really that far off?? Or will getting a newer power supply get me better power consumption or something ie less consumption through better power usage/ efficiency....

COMPUTER
CPU- I7-3770 3.9Ghz 1155
CPU COOLER- Corsair H100i
GPU- GTX 680 SC Signature+
GPU COOLER- Gelid dual fan 2/1
PSU- OCZ 600 ModXStream Pro
RAM- (4X8GB) 32GB Total 1600mhz
BOOT- (2X) SanDisk Extreme 120Gb 6GB/s
STORAGE- 640 GB WD 6GB/s
MOBO- Intel Z77 75K Extreme
SOUND- X-Fi Titanium
CASE- Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
WIFI- Gigabyte Exclusive WB-300D
BT- Gigabyte Exclusive 4.0
BD/DVD- LG 24X Read Write
MEDIA- Acer HD card reader
FAN CONTROL- Aerocool 2100
FANS- (4X) 200mmx30
FANS- (1X) 140mmx25
LEDS- (6X) Logisys Cold Cathode

PERIPHERALS
MONITOR- Acer 24" Gaming Monitor
UPS- CvberPower 1500PFCLCD
SOUND- Logitech Z5500 Surround
HEADSET- Logitech G930 2.4Ghz
MICROPHONE- Blue Yeti
MOUSE- Logitech Trackball (RTS)
MOUSE- Cyborg R.A.T. 7 MMO (FPS)
MOUSE- Microsoft BT (TV)
KEYBOARD- Logitech diNovo Edge (TV)
KEYBOARD- Logitech G19 (ALL)
WATTS- P3 P4400 Watt Checker



Answer
There is nothing wrong with your system. To be sure, it may even be envied by many in comparison. However, your friends who say you need a bigger power supply may be owners of the Alienware Aurora R4 which boasts incredible capabilities.

"The Aurora R4 - This is the fourth Revision of the Aurora. It is based on Intel's X79 platform (LGA 2011 socket). This model shares identical hardware with the Aurora ALX (R4). Processors include Core i7 processors only (third generation quad core and hexacore Sandy Bridge Extreme). In order of model number: i7 3820, i7 3930K (six core) and i7 3960X (six core). Sealed liquid cooling units for the processors came factory installed. The R4 is the first to use Quad Channel Memory and has Dedicated Graphics Card options from AMD's HD 6000 series and HD 7000 series line as well as Nvidia's GTX 500 series line. Nvidia's GTX 600 series line will be added later this year. Power Supply options included a 525 watt Power Supply Unit and an 875 watt Power Supply Unit. Power Supply and Motherboard supports both SLI and CrossfireX. -Note: The optional ALX chassis offers Thermal Controlled Venting, too-less/wireless Hard Drive Bays, internal Theater lighting and an extra array of external LEDs. Coupled with the TactX Keyboard and Mouse it offered up to 25 billion lighting color combinations. it makes a big penis."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why does my PC restart by itself when playing games with intense graphics?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment