Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Is this a good budget gaming PC build?

best gaming pc sound card on Budget Gaming PC November 2011 | Budget Gaming PC
best gaming pc sound card image



Chase


I'm looking to build a budget gaming PC (already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse) and was wondering if these specs are any good:
CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler-Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard- ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
Memory- Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage- Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card- ASUS Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card
Case- NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower
OS- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Power Supply- Corsair CX 430W
Case Fan- NZXT Air Flow Series 59.1 CFM 120mm Fan
That's it. Am I missing anything? Do I need a sound card, optical drive, or external hard drive? What about a network adapter? Not sure how all this works lol. I'm planning on using turtle beaches for sound, but I'm not sure if I still need a sound card. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time building a PC. I'd like to keep the price near where it is now, which is around $600.



Answer
1: That video card you chose isn't a gaming card. It will hold frame rates on games with low video settings, but you should really invest in a GTX 660TI or better. The 660TI is a fairly high power card, but it won't kill your check book.
2: The power supply is pretty weak. If you intend on doing upgrades for the GPU later, you should get a stronger PSU now.
3: You shouldn't need a sound card. They do make the sound better, but the audio on the motherboard is typically good enough for most applications.
4: Having a DVD drive is a very good idea. You can get some good ones for ~20 bucks.
5: I love having a Wi-Fi PCI card in my computer. It is fantastically convenient, and allows me to take my tower over to other places and not worry about how I'm going to connect it to the internet.
Overall, what you have chosen would make for a decent gaming computer, but if you use the ideas I gave, it'll be much better.

How do I check what kind of graphics/sound card I have?




Rusty Shac


The title says it all. I want to play some PC games, but I'm not sure how to check what type of graphics/sound card I have or if they are good enough for the games I want to play. How do I check it? Thanks in advance!


Answer
Belarc Advisor will tell you EVERYTHING about your system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is this a good budget gaming PC build?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment