Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why is my Mac better in performance than my PC?

best pc gaming laptop 2011 on Photo of Choosing the best role-playing games (RPGs) and adventure ...
best pc gaming laptop 2011 image



Rachel


My PC battery died after not even two years and it slowed down to a stop. Nowadays it's my backup. It cost me about $450 plus tax.

My Mac cost at least 3 times my PC but it's still going strong after four years. It's lighting fast and it doesn't die off on me.

Is it because Microsoft is so mass produced that they have to use cheap parts? Or is it the flaky OS?



Answer
First: you chose a poor question to ask on the internet, the fanboys will be all over you in about ten seconds. I'll edit this answer with more information once I write it all down.

Okay, there are SEVERAL reasons for this. I'll list them in completely random order. I've used both OS X and Windows on both Macintosh and home built computers and am probably as unbiased as you can be on the internet.

First off, yes, most windows computers are significantly cheaper than Macintosh computers. They're cheaper to make, so they're cheaper to buy. Apple computers use extraordinarily tough unibody anodized aluminum chassis. Almost every Windows laptop uses plastic construction. They also use flimsier internal parts and are built to lower tolerances. This is the number one reason your Mac is outliving your PC. The batteries used in Windows laptops are generally far poorer quality than the ones in Macs, while they might last nearly as long when they are new, they have TERRIBLE charge hold ratings.

Secondly, OS X is a vastly more efficient operating system. While its file system is getting quite old, the underlying technologies are rewritten FAR more often than Windows. You can still find code from MS-DOS circa 1980's or earlier. OS X has OS-level multithreading, support for up to 64 terrabytes of RAM, OS-level sandboxing, and far more efficient interactions between OS and program than the layers upon layers upon layers of code needed to do anything in Windows. OS X is also a lot tidier about its program settings. While Windows uses the registry system that has been around since before Winodws, OS X uses a far cleaner Plist system which doesn't leave fragments of application around after you remove the application.

Thirdly, OS X has maybe a thousand viruses for it, if that. That may seem like a lot, until you think about the literal hundreds of hundreds of millions of viruses for Microsoft Windows. I don't know why there are so few viruses for OS X, there just are.

These are the three most important reasons Macs are measurably longer lasting than PC's.

Yes, Macs are enormously more expensive than a similarly specified PC, but there's a reason for that. Mostly the gorgeous and neigh indestructible cases, but also, yes, there is a premium for that glowy white fruit on the back. However, the main reason that it's nearly impossible to get a computer that's as tough, light, and fast as a Mac without getting a Mac is because no company can actually make a computer that great for the same price as a Mac or less.

This article highlights some wonderful reasons why this is the case, give it a read, but be warned, it is 6 pages long.

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2011/09/ultrabook-intels-300-million-plan-to-beat-apple-at-its-own-game.ars

Should I buy a macbook pro now 2011 or wait for the 2012 version?




RuddyMoua


Don't tell me to buy something else different because I want the macbook pro for school.
Is the Macbook pro 2012 version going to be faster?
What do you think about bootcamp and games?
Games like
Lower end games
DOTA
LOL

Higher end games
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3 when it comes out.



Answer
for gaming, I would be better off having a PC, preferably an Alienware because its graphics are much better and more powerful than macbook pro.

But....

If you want a macbook pro for gaming, yes you'll have to dual boot (bootcamp), the 15" and 17" are better for gaming, 15" high end 2.2Ghz has much better graphics and would strongly recommend that for its GPU speed and processor speed.

I bootcamp my macbook pro for dota allstars (game is very addicting) and as far as I can tell, its not as bad as you think. It will work almost like a PC, but it gets hot, thats my only concern ( I have a cooler pad for mine. ) My macbook is able to handle the games for hours, tested intensely over the summer.

If you want to game on macbook pro, I strongly recommend a cooler pad because your mac will get extremely hot. Keep your laptop cool so the battery will long last and so is your laptop (clean it regularly from the inside, ie clean the fan from dust)

don't wait for 2012 because it will not change much, just some software updates and thats about it. Get it now if you want to.

if you want to save money on macbook pro, buy it from internet because you can save over $200. Don't buy one from apple store, they will rip you off.


EDIT: A 15" mac will be able to handle that, your a dota fan as well? nice, I thought I was the only one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why is my Mac better in performance than my PC?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment