Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What is the most upgradeable motherboard currently on the market?

best gaming pc manufacturer on Roccat Enters US Market With Hot PC Gaming Accessories
best gaming pc manufacturer image



Ryan Ong


I am scratch building a gaming PC. I have a total budget of around $1k, and I expect to keep the same motherboard for 4-5 years. I am looking for one that is easily upgradeable, and has a decent price. Thanks folks!


Answer
>All motherboards are updatable, more or less, for about 6 months to 1 year from the date they are introduced onto the market. After this, motherboard manufacturers stop introducing updates. I don't think there is any one motherboard or manufacturer that provides more service than any other. It has to do with the fact that a mobo manufacturer is always introducing newer boards and they don't have the time or money to continue supporting older boards that have proved to be STABLE. Asus, Gigabyte and MSI all provide about the same level of update support - which as I say is about six months to one year from date of introduction.

How many watts should my power supply be?




Felix


I'm going to build a gaming pc and this is what I'm getting:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ

Samsung 24x SATA DVD¡ARW Internal Drive without Software, Black SH-224BB/BEBE

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX

Gigabyte GeForce GT 630 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI-I/D-SUB/HDMI Graphics Card GV-N630-2GI

Corsair 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory (CMV8GX3M1A1333C9)

I'm planning on getting a 460w PSU but I don't know much about PC's because this is going to be my first build.
Also tell me if I am forgetting anything.



Answer
There are a couple areas of this build that need to be to addressed

1. The GT 630 isn't enough video card. You're going to want a GTX 650 ti Boost or a Radeon 7850 to handle more demanding modern games

2. Thte Phenom II X4 is pretty outdated, for about the same money you can get a faster FX 4300 or FX6300. Just make sure you get an AM3+ mobo

3. It would be more beneficial to go with 2x4GB of RAM in order to utilize dual channel.

For the PSU a 500 watt Corsair, Enermax, Silverstone, Antec, XFX, or PC Power & Cooling PSU would be fine. When it comes to PSU's you get what you pay for.

Ignore Frostfire's chart that she seems to incessantly post whenever PSU question crops up. I'll explain; The rated wattage for any give PSU is rated in DC, *after* the conversion from the AC power that comes out of your wall socket.

So for example if you have a PSU that's rated for 1000 watts with an 80% efficiency rating. That means that it'll pull 1200 watts of AC power from the wall, 200 of those watts will be lost (in the form of heat) in the AC to DC conversion process, leaving you with 1000 watts for the computer to use.

Frostfire's chart incorrectly assumes that the manufacturer doesn't take the conversion from AC to DC into account when giving their wattage ratings (they do).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the most upgradeable motherboard currently on the market?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment