Monday, September 30, 2013

How can I make RuneScape run better?

best gaming pc ever 2013 on Top 15 best Java mobile games of all time - Portable Gaming Region
best gaming pc ever 2013 image



Jonathan


I recently did a factory reset on my laptop, because everything was running extremely slow and I had run out of options. Everything was okay the first day, and when I tried to play RuneScape on Chrome, it was still as slow as before. A friend of mine suggested I should download the client to make it run smoother, and I did. Playing on the client, I was able to play on the highest graphic setting, and it would run very fast and very smoothly. But the next day, I couldn't. This was about a week ago, and I've had to play on "Low" graphic settings ever since. I'd really like to play on high again.

So how can I get it to run faster, and why did my laptop seem to just randomly drop in processing power?

P.S. This has happened before, with other games. When I first downloaded Minecraft (A few months ago), I couldn't run it at all. It was really choppy and unbearable. But just a few weeks later, it just seems like my laptop just randomly got better, because I would be able to run it very well with decent graphical settings and rendering distance set to far. Just before the factory reset, however, I would only be able to run it on low graphic settings, with a short rendering distance, and the fps still wasn't perfect.
I'm positive it's not my Internet connection.



Answer
First, make a System Restore point. In case something goes wrong (by right it shouldn't. it worked for me), you can still save your laptop.

Next, do a general clean up on your computer. Use of an optimization tool such as Advanced System Care 6, Auslogics Registry Cleaner, CCleaner, etc will automatically perform a series of sweeps to boost the performance of your laptop. You will want to do a disk defrag, scan for registry errors, clear temporary files, cache and history, etc.

Next, uninstall all previous versions of Java, then re-install the latest, stable version of Java for your OS.

Next, look for where Jagex keeps their Cache and Preferences on your PC and delete it.

Next, search for your OS's latest update. If you don't have it, get it updated to the latest version.

Next, free up RAM by using RAMCleaner, etc.

Next, download the Runescape Client.

Next, download Razor Game Booster and use it to run your Runescape.exe.

As for Minecraft issues, try this site: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/343030-minecraft-speedoptimization-guide-v-24-1-updated-on-mar-14-2013/

Is there any up and running stargate games?




Bret


I've heard of Stargate worlds pc but when I went to it it said it has been turned "put on hold due to funding and managment" and i do not know how long this has been for. It looks like a really good game with good graphics. I do not care if the game is SG1 SGA or SGU. I also do not care if its PC PS3 or Xbox 360.


Answer
I think Worlds can officially be considered cancelled by now. The company responsible for it filed for bankruptcy several years ago. And so did MGM (who own the Stargate rights).
So, after the failure of SGU new material is scarce.

There was a mobile app released earlier this year, so you could take a look at that:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2013/03/stargate-sg-1-unleashed-available-now/

Other than that, you're out of luck.
The only (recent) official game that ever saw the light of day was Stargate: Resistance, an online shooter, but it didn't even run for a year.
(It was meant to partially finance Stargate:Worlds.)
http://www.gateworld.net/videogames/

The only other options would be fan games, or the old (movie) SNES game.
E.g. "Gatewars":
http://www.stargatewars.com/
Or this adventure:
http://www.reloaded.org/game.php?GameID=261
(Short, but awesome.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I make RuneScape run better?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment