Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How to move from Windows to Linux?

best gaming pc desktops 2012 on View Source | More Best Gaming Desktop Computers Review Unit
best gaming pc desktops 2012 image



Alex


I am a Windows user, but I mostly prefer Linux, for it is open-source, supportive, FREE and will help me
develop some programming skills. So I want to move to it. But here is my problem. I use my computer as a gaming PC from time to time. So I would like to be able to play my games there, too. What I play is PES 2012, League of Legends and Minecraft. I also play some FLASH games on the web. I was thinking of using Linux Ubuntu (which I have seen is very nice), or even ReactOS (*which I see that is a Windows "clone").
The question is: which OS should use? If Linux Ubuntu, how would I move?
Why you guys dont see if someone has answered me first, saying what you are going to say?



Answer
How to get started with Linux
Easy with no partitioning of drives.

Use the wubi ubuntu installer if using xp, vista or 7
www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/windowâ¦

OR

use puppy linux as a frugal install
Down load a puppy iso from the links below
Read about frugal installs below.

No need to partition drives as that's risky until you have some experience.

OR

Usb
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Is it possible to get a $700 Gaming PC that can play Skyrim on high settings?




Jett


My birthday is coming up and I want to get a gaming (laptop cause they're cheaper) so I can play AT THE LEAST 2011 games and below, but if I could get one for 700 that could play 2012 games like Skyrim that would be great! Thanks! I was thinking about going to my local computer shop.


Answer
Actually In terms of gaming and raw power... a desktop has a lot more to offer. You could buy say a 800 dollar gaming desktop, and the price for a laptop with about the same power, is about 1400-1600. If this changes you mind... take a look at MyCustombuild.com, they have a option for about 800 that will pack a much bigger punch than any 700 dollar laptop you will find on the market, will also play all games from 2011 and also ones from 2012(not ultra settings though).
ALSO*** Desktops are MUCH easier and CHEAPER to upgrade for gaming because usually the only upgrade you may need in the future is a video that you can pick up for 100-200 bucks to continue playing the newest titles. (really you can spend as much as you want on video cards, but 100-200 should do the trick.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to move from Windows to Linux?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment