Monday, May 26, 2014

What's the best PC Wireless adapter to get for gaming?




Hiro1221


Hey all. I have to get my own wireless adapter for my new place since my roomates taking his back, I know. What a D-bag right?....j/p. Bad you for agreeing, but I don't really know what would be best for me. I have a "MSI K9VGM-V Motherboard" and I'm mainly concerned with my connection for playing games like World of Warcrack. The one I'm using now, NetGear WG111v2, works very well and is nice since it's USB but was having problems with it before. Also, the routers not too far from me but will be when I move into the new place. They have Verizon Vaio internet service if that matters. Anyone have any great suggestions $30 or less I could get? Definately want quality over price but don't have much to spend right now either. Thanks for checking by and seeing if you could which any help would be much appreciated. Enjoy your day, night, etc.. Take care.


Answer
Literally any USB wireless stick will work great. Except Belkin. They suck.

Remember to uninstall the other wireless software first.



Here is a tip:

Don't install the software from the CD. You don't need it.

When you plug in your wireless stick, windows will say found new hardware.

Stick in the CD (cancel the autorun) and follow the install driver guide through to automatically find the drivers. If it finds the drivers on the CD, great!

If not, click the other option to choose where to find the drivers.

There will be a "look in this location" option. Click browse, and browse the CD. Try and find a "drivers" folder and the OK button will be clickable when it finds drivers.

Click OK.

Now when it's installed, use the Windows Wireless service to manage your wireless! Much better!

Best Wireless Adapter for Gaming?




Billy C


Hi. I have a gaming PC, which is connected to the internet wireless with a belkin adapter. With it I am not able to do much more than browse the internet, and even that becomes a problem sometimes. I am not able to connect it directly, so what is the best way for me to connect it wirelessly to get a connection stable enough to support online gaming?


Answer
Wireless connections suck for online gaming.

The best solution would be to use a wired (Ethernet) connection between your box and the router. The latency in an Ethernet connection to the router is negligible, usually less than 1 ms.

If it is not feasible to run cables you have other options such as powerline network adapters http://isp1.us/reviews/netgear-xavb2101-powerline-adapter/

You plug one in by your router and one in your room and connect them to the devices with standard Ethernet patch cables. The network signals are transmitted over your existing home electrical wiring which will not be affected by wireless interference.

There are various other ways to extend a Internet connection to areas with a weak wireless signal.

Devices such as wireless extenders that can expand your wireless range if need be. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YAYM06/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=excharge-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004YAYM06

The wireless range extender receives weak wireless signals and repeats them to extend the signal range to greater distances. Some models include 4 Ethernet ports in addition to the wireless radio.

Good Luck...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the best PC Wireless adapter to get for gaming?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment