Friday, January 31, 2014

Which Components to buy for a Gaming PC?




Super Goku


I am planning to buy a new computer in November 2013.I am going to buy a Budget System with a budget of Rs 28000. I am really confused on which parts to buy. I will be primarily using it for gaming, not on high settings but on Medium - Low Settings at a resolution of 1280x768.I have following problems -

Processor - Budget = Rs 8000. First I decided on i3 - 3220 but i3 - 3210 gives almost same results while shredding few bucks, but then I found out that AMD FX 6300 is massively better than any intel i3. I researched on net and it turns out AMD has massive heating problems and I am not going to invest in a separate Cooler. I am not opting for Haswell as the Haswell i3 CPUs have not launched in India and I don't know if they will be available in market till November 2013. So, I should I wait for Haswell Gpus or I shoul get a 13 - 3220 or 13 - 3210 or AMD FX 6300(If the heating problem is not a serious matter) ?

Motherboard - Suggest me a motherboard which is best for the Processor you selected at under Rs 4500.
Graphics Card - Budget = Rs 5000. Here the main card is Radeon HD 6670. If I increase my budget by RS 1000 i may find a Nvidia GT 640, but is Nvidia GT 640 really worth extra 1000 bucks?Maximum I can go for is the Radeon HD 7750 worth Rs 7500, but if HD 6670 can do my work then why waste extra Rs 2500?
IS HD 6670 good enough for my needs or I should go for GT 640 or HD 7750?

RAM - Any good RAM of 4 GB at Rs 2500.

HDD - Keep this as low as possible because I don't require much space.The cheapest Desktop HDD I checked at flipkart was of 320 GB at Rs 3300. Even If I get a 250 GB HDD I dont care. However I kept a max budget of Rs 3000.

Monitor - ALREDY BOUGHT.

Cabinet - Budget = Rs 2000. Any of your choice.

PSU - Budget = Rs 3000. Whatever that will support all my components.

Total = approximately Rs 28000

Please check for any compatibility issues.I am eagerly waiting for your answer as it is my 14th Birthday present.



Answer
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1CwjK
This build will run modern games at roughly medium settings at 1080p, so your resolution won't be a problem at all for it. It's about $40 USD under budget to account for higher prices, or some money to put aside for a new copy of the OS if you need it.
Here is another option:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1CwqX
This allows for later GPU upgrade, and includes a nice CPU. You could grab the FX-6300 if the FX-8320 is massively more expensive. A CPU cooler is recommended, but if you aren't overclocking and the case has around 3 decent fans, you should be fine.
Either build, you can look for cheaper parts. I wouldn't recommend going cheaper on the mobo or PSU though. For RAM, 1600 MHz at least 4GB, for case, whatever you prefer (but don't forget fans), for GPU you seem to know what's in your budget already, so the 6670 is probably your best bet in that price range (unless you plan on upgrading within a year or so).
I wish you the best of luck with your build!

What PC should I consider?




Razzak


I was looking to get a new PC because I do have an old one currently. I am a bit interested in a bit of gaming so much as being able to play Crysis 3 at a pretty decent level. One that is really thin and light so portable. I will not care for an optical drive however I don't mind if I get one. Lastly I was thinking the price range to be about $2000 or less.
I asked for a laptop because I take take my laptop with me for other reasons.



Answer
Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

For gaming laptops I would start here:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/ideapad/gaming-pcs
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/

Gaming laptops are pretty expensive. In your shoes I would get a performance desktop and then a separate more basic laptop. The reason is the $1500 or so you spend on a high end laptop now will be outdated as far as gaming performance within 2 years and you would need to repurchase to keep up to speed. You could get an excellent gaming desktop for well under $1000 and then an inexpensive laptop for $300-$500. The desktop would be relatively easy and inexpensive to upgrade over the next years while the laptop would chug along just as able to meet your mobile needs then as now.

YMMV

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.
Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.
Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.
Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Components to buy for a Gaming PC?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment