Thursday, January 30, 2014

What is the current value of my desktop computer?




Ryan Frazi


I purchased all the parts to this computer in June 2011 (getting close to 2 years ago) except for an additional 2TB hardrive June of 2012 and the Logitech Illuminated keyboard a few months ago. Everything is still in great condition; I just have no need for it anymore and would like to sell it. I am wondering what an estimation of the current value of it would be so that I know what to sell it for? All the components brand new were originally $1060, and now all the same components would cost $999 brand new. Here are the specs/components and their current price ($999 total):

$20--1 x ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
$67--1 x Logitech 920-000914 Black USB Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard
$85--1 x Western Digital WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$135--1 x Asus VE228H 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
$11--1 x IMC FX-087 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader
$105--1 x AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX
$50--Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan
$61--G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
$115--1 x ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
$135--GIGABYTE GV-N550OC-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$110--1 x CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible
$105--1 x Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Thank you!



Answer
$300 as a starting point

Is iMac i5 quad core best? Only serious answers please...?




Amardeep


As question tells all about, I am going to buy an i5 iMac this Monday. As I have some money in my budget for that :) It has quad core processor. 21" screen. As I read somewhere that Apple may release new models of iMacs in June-July, but it don't meters as I am crazy to get one :) I like the design of iMac. However I don't need it, but I like it and want to have one.

At the moment I have good Laptop with i3 processor and 1GB graphics card and 500GB HDD. I also have desktop computer with 22" LCD screen. But, I had seen iMac of one of my friend. And I liked the design very much and also wanted to work on Mac OS X Lion. For more information, I am web developer, and I don't need heavy software, I only need Photoshop, Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver. Which I think it can run smoothly. But I also like some games in my free time, not too much heavy games, but small ones are enough to pass the free time, Games don't meter though.

Oh yes, I have choice too to chose one from two iMacs. I need good answer and please suggest me which one I should get. I know many will say "You can take a very good PC with half of the iMac price with good hardware". I understand but try to understand me, I already have them, but don't know why I can't stop myself to avoid iMac :D May be I wanna try Mac OS X, I know you will say "You can install Mac OS on your computer", but It is illegal and also there are problems with hardware like sound will not work, if it will work, will not work correctly, but I don't want to do that on PC. I want it on original Apple computer.

So, here are 2 iMac computers with price for April 2012:-

i3, Intel core 21.5" iMac, Price = $970
i5, Intel quad core 21.5" iMac, Price = $1230

Please take your time to answer this question, I need detailed answer with full attention! :)
And your kind help will be highly appreciated, And If you satisfy me with a good helpful answer, I will love you forever. I will never forget. Please answer..!!

Thanks a lot in advance.



Answer
I use iMacs and Mac pros at least 3 times a week so I can answer you this . I'm more of a of guy but macs are still great pc's no doubt in my mind . And to answer your question it depends on your perogative . The i3 iMac will have enough power for the programs you mentioned , however it doesn't have a good graphics chip . It won't game well at all and you mentioned you may want to game on some off time . So if that is the case the i5 one is by far more powerful and also has decent dedicated graphics . So if you wanna game I'd reccomend the one with the i5 since it has more processing power and a dedicated gpu . Neither will be game maxing beasts but the i5 one can play new games at moderate settings . :) hope this has helped




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the current value of my desktop computer?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment