Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A gaming pc with a 480 w power supply is that good enough?

best gaming pc power supply on ... bays and PSU air filters for the bottom mounted power supply units
best gaming pc power supply image



Tom


I was wondering if a 480 watt power supply is good enough for a gaming pc? Would i need to upgrade and if i do what wattage should i upgrade too.


Answer
It really depends on the actual Specs you need to provide your whole build It could or could not be enough also i wouldn't come here for that kind of question go somewhere a little more professional like toms hardware.

Should I get a new power supply for my computer?




madeinindi


I'm updating my computer to a gaming pc. How do I find how many watts my power supply puts out without having to open the case and should I get a new power supply for better performance. Thanks.


Answer
It all depends on what you are sticking into that motherboard of yours. For example, I run two EVGA e-GeForce 6800 GS vid cards, 2 250 GB hard drives, two cooling fans, a AMD Athlon FX and still carry a 500 watt power supply. To be honest with you though, power supply would not affect your performance unless there is a lack of power. You might want to check out each out your video cards, cooling fans, hard drives, etc for the power supply required, then check your power supply by (assuming windows xp) right clicking my computer, properties, and then checking out your hardware profiles. The bottom line is that a new power supply is not needed unless you are using more than 90-95% of the power.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A gaming pc with a 480 w power supply is that good enough?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment