Friday, September 20, 2013

What do I need to put in a custom PC to allow it to connect to my household's wireless network?

best gaming pc wireless adapter on news wireless dual band gigabit router | Die neuesten Nachrichten
best gaming pc wireless adapter image



cgbrm


hey guys, I'm going to start buying parts for a new gaming pc next month, was just wondering what i need to buy to be able to use the internet through my households already established wireless 802.11g network. Does there need to be a modem as well as/or just a wireless PCI adapter?


Answer
Gaming on wireless can work, but your signal will have to be very good, otherwise you'll end up with delayed or lost packets. This means that even though your ping times might look very good you'll still rubber band and hitch around when playing shooters or MMOs if the signal is poor.

In this case, don't hook the modem right to the computer - leave it right where it is. Just run a network cable from the wireless point (which will still have some wired ports) to your computer (almost every motherboard you could buy will have a wired network card). Newegg will sell you ridiculously long network cables for very cheap such as the 100 ft one I link in my sources.

How come my wireless adapter on my PC goes down every 20 seconds?




Trent T


I have a wireless adapter on my PC, and it works fine up until 20 seconds where it goes down for 1 second and comes back up, very annoying because I can't watch movies, play games, or have conversations, does anyone know why this would be happening?


Answer
Try reinstalling the drivers for it. Or the adapter itself may have gone bad.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I need to put in a custom PC to allow it to connect to my household's wireless network?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment