Saturday, April 5, 2014

Is a good sound card essential for mid-high level PC gaming?




Heisenberg


I'm putting a PC together at custompc.ie, and I'm trying to cut down the costs. Just wondering if the default sound card (8 Chanel OnBoard Sound) is ok, and if it will work well w/ an i5 2310 processor.
Thanks!



Answer
Like anything else it depends on your "auxiliary" equipment. Good speakers - good drivers.

Onboard audio is more then sufficient for your needs on a computer. It isn't like you are going to have a $500,000 set of computer speakers and be listening to audio on it.


Unless you are trying to do professinal recording / playback, there is no reason for any kind of sound card needed as most new MoBo's will have decient HD sound onboard. however if you are an audiophile as I am you may want to get a card that has a rectifing option.. not to get too technical on the in's and outs of how rectifing works the result in sound is almost like removing a blanket covering a speaker.. much more crisp and clear..

Newer PC Games need sound card that are DirectX9 compatible?




TerraBitz


I recently bought FIFA 09 and Red Alert 3 for my PC. My system is pretty good (AMD Dual Core, 3GB RAM, NVIDIA 9800 Card), but my soun is built in or integrated. How would I know if the sound is DX9 compatible? Will these games play on my PC?


Answer
Yeah all new games need a compatible DX9 sound card.
Don't worry about ur pc! All new motherboards have integrated sound cards which support DX9 but u can install a sound card if u like.Ur system is better than me!(intel core 2 duo,2 GB ram,Geforce 9300) LOL
I already played Red Alert 3 and i'm sure u can also.

If u want to check if a game need DX9 sound card,just open the read-me file.There should be informations about system requirements of a game

Hope ur games will play.
Peace!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is a good sound card essential for mid-high level PC gaming?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment