Saturday, November 23, 2013

What is wrong with my computer?!!!?

best gaming desktop july 2012 on ... GTX 580M - Laptop Computer Planet Blog | Laptop Computer Planet Blog
best gaming desktop july 2012 image
Q. Okay so today I was playing a game on the computer. I put the computer in sleep mode for like 20 mins and then when I went back to the computer I tried to click on one of my desktop icons but every time i clicked on an icon it just kept disappearing until I had no more icons left. The task bar even disappeared! So I had nothing left but my wallpaper and when I did CNTRL-ATL-DELETE to get to my login screen, I got an error message. So i held the computer's power button so it can turn off. When unturned it back on it said "DISK BOOT FAILURE". So I got my dad to put the Windows 7 disk in the computer and the setup screen had came up but my dad said it wasn't working. So he kept reinserting the disk and came to the conclusion that the hard drive went out. Now keep in mind. We just got this computer over the summer in 2012 in like June/ July. He literally built the computer with his hands. Nothing was wrong with it until now. Everything is new except the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. We even upgraded to windows 7 from XP like 3 weeks ago. What is wrong which my desktop computer? If the hard drive did go out will my files still be saved on my computer because I didn't even have a chance to back up anything.



SPECS:
DESKTOP Computer
Windows 7
Built the computer over the summer
GIGABYTE computer
( idk much about the computer but this is all the info I know by heart)


Answer
You answered your own question: the computer won't boot.
So either nuke the hard drive and reinstall Windows 7, since it sounds like something in the OS or a sector got messed up, or replace the hard drive.

What would be a good desktop computer for me?




pup_e_paws


Umm, I'm not a serious gamer or anything, but I play the Sims 3 and I have all the expansions for it, and I play the Sims Medievel. I am looking for a desktop computer that can handle that, but that isn't too pricey. The most I'm willing to pay is $600. My friend bought her computer for $300 and she plays the same games as me as well as Skyrim, so don't tell me that I won't find a computer within that budget. I just would like to know what brand is best. Thanks!


Answer
Well, the problem with a prebuilt system, even for minor gaming use...
is that they all come with integrated graphics OR a seriously crippled dedicated graphics card.
Even for Sims use, I would recommend you build your own system.
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budget-gaming-pc-july-2012/
Check out tier ".75" at the link above. With an OEM copy of Windows 7, the cost to build will be just over $500...and the performance will literally CRUSH the $300 computer that your friend bought.

But if you aren't ambitious enough to build your own system, the best you can do is buy a pre-built system and add a decent graphics card to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103455
That's a good brand with very good specifications, other than lacking a video card. So...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150581
There's a very high quality video card that will give you a good gaming experience, cheap. And it has a low-profile bracket included, so it should fit the case of the Acer system linked above.
Total cost about $430. It would be tough to beat that for value. You'd have to build your own, to do it...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is wrong with my computer?!!!?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment