Friday, March 14, 2014

Looking for Open World or Sandbox games for PC?




Lynn Scher


I have a lower-end, graphically challenged PC, and I'm looking for a good, open world or sandbox (whichever phrase you like to use) game. I find that if the game was made prior to 2007, it will generally run on my laptop.

I have read many posts on various sites regarding the same question, mostly to see people not actually answering the question, but instead saying things like, "Duh, upgrade your computer" or arguing about why one game "sux".

I can not upgrade my system at this time.

Here are the games I currently have for console, which my husband is now bogarting, in the genre I'm looking for:

Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
ES Oblivion
ES Skyrim

Here are the console games I love but have played TO DEATH:
Fable
Fable II
Darkstone (yeah, it's old but my absolute favorite game of all time)
Gauntlet Legends
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows
The Punisher
Gun
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Darkwatch
The entire Halo series
Bioshock 1 and 2
Diablo
Diablo 2
Neverwinter Nights (NWN 2 won't run on my laptop, lags terribly)
Sacred Gold (Sacred 2 lags)
Titans Quest (before it crashed)
Arcanum Steampunk game... can't remember what it's called.
Pretty much everything on GOG.com

I am also quite broke at this point in time, so buying a console game (the 360 is the one my husband is bogarting, I have the older xbox in the bedroom) is not an option. Let's stick with PC games.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't recommend minecraft. I want to kill things, not build things. Building skills and leveling up is wonderful and I love doing that. I just don't want to spend my time moving blocks around.

Blood and gore does not bother me at all, nor does swearing.

I appreciate any answers I can get... oh, another thing... I'm 50 years old, so things like Maple Story and Runescape (far too mmo for my taste) aren't for me.

Thanks everyone! I should pay you all for having to sit and read all my blathering on!
I appreciate the answers so far but... I am specifically looking for games PRIOR TO (meaning before) 2007. Also, I believe I stated that I'm broke, so playing WoW isn't going to work for me.

I also already have Fate, Fate 2, and Torchlight.

Thank you!



Answer
Call of Duty: World at War is an awesome new gametype for this game. Unlocked after campaign completion, zombies allows up to four players to try to fight off an endless horde of zombies, which come in rounds. For each zombie killed, you get some points. Those points can be used to open doors on the map to get around or buying new weapons (you start off with a pistol). Each round, the zombies get harder and come in larger numbers. They come through barriers, which can be rebuilt for extra points. Only one zombies map comes with the game, but three more can be unlocked by buying the map packs for the game. This mode is extremely addictive, and is fun solo or with friends.

Entering the world of PC gaming help!?




Slim


So I'm trying to enter the world of PC gaming. Now I don't have a couple grand to spend on a gaming laptop but I am looking for a decent one. From what I've seen many ASUS laptops are pretty decent and have what I'm looking for. I am I on track or am I so wrong it hurts! Love to see some recommendations!


Answer
If you don't plan to build your own pc(building one would be better) you can go for pre-build systems like CyberpowerPC or iBuyPower. You can also just buy an alienware x51 or an aurora. When buying a gaming pc know what the specs are. Know what you are buying and don't assume price tells quality. Don't go for gaming PCs that are build by HP, or Acer. Asus is fine. But HP and other companys over pay for their "gaming computers" and you can save a lot of money if you go another route. Spend some time on Toms Hardware and learn about computer specs and what is right for you. Also you can have a laptop for gaming, there perfect for "on the go" or "LAN party" computer. Here are some essentails you need to learn when buying your first gaming computer:
IF YOU ARE BUYING A PRE-BUILD PC:
Again don't get HP, Dell(alienware is an exception), Acer etc
BUILDING YOUR PC:
Know what you are doing
Make sure there compatible
Google "PC bottleneck"
4 GB of RAM
Expensive fancy RAM is not necessary. 8GB 1333mhz ram is fine
NEVER cheap out on the graphics card
Make sure your power supply is 80 bronze or higher
BOTH:
Look at reviews
Don't cheap out
Know what you are buying
Don't buy disconnected items off eBay
Don't get ripped off




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for Open World or Sandbox games for PC?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment