Monday, March 10, 2014

Help for an good gaming pc?




Derp


I have an budget of 1400$
Can you help me choose the system parts



Answer
There are a lot of options when it comes to building a PC (since you said "system parts", pretty sure you aren't looking at a pre-built system). I'd honestly suggest looking at some of the system configurators that various custom build sites offer to see what they offer. Check multiple vendors (I've listed 3 below, but there are many others) and see what they include in their high end offerings. You should have no problem building a decent gaming system for under $1400 (I built my current system for $1116, reusing my video card from my previous PC).

CPU: The Intel i5 2500K or higher processor seems to be favored by gamers. I'm running the i7 2700K in my system. AMD quad core will cost a bit less and may be fine for most games but Intel is leading on performance (even though it will cost you a bit more).

RAM: 6-8 GB of RAM will be plenty for a gaming system. Games don't really take advantage of larger amounts of RAM at this time and I wouldn't expect them to go much above that in the near future (developers won't aim for systems much higher than the common systems by the gaming community). I'm running 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz.

Motherboard: This comes down to personal preference in most cases. I'd look at a site like NewEgg to see which boards have a large number of positive reviews. Vendors offer boards with a wide variety of features so you'll need to figure out which works best for you. I'm running the GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 board for the Z68 chipset, the multiple PCI-Express ports, and enough SATA-III ports for my planned configuration.

Hard drive: 500 GB to 1 TB drives are fairly common and reasonably priced. While there are some articles debating the merits of SATA-III vs SATA-II performance gains, the price difference isn't significant enough to worry about it. Go for the SATA-III version of whatever size drive meets your needs. I tend to go with Western Digital or Seagate (although every vendor can have a bad model so check the reviews)

SSD: I'm not running an SSD but this is one of the next items I'll be looking to purchase. Since I have the Z68 chipset on my motherboard, I'll probably just get a 60GB version and run the cache mode.

Video card: Tom's Hardware has a GPU hierarchy chart that should give you a pretty good idea on the newer higher performing cards to consider. I'm running the AMD HD RADEON 5770 and may add a second or third of those if I find performance issues (none yet).

Case: Another area where you have a lot of options. I'm using the CoolerMaster 690 II. The case is rather large but supports a lot of fans (including a water cooling system for my CPU).

Cooling: Lots of options here. I'm using the CoolIt ECO II-240 water cooling for the CPU. Price wasn't too far off traditional coolers so I figured to give it a shot.

Power Supply: Look at a PSU that has component based cables. This will let you only install the cables that you need to use and improve air flow. Look at all the components you select and you'll know the capacity that you'll need. Power calculators are available on various sites (including NewEgg).

I purchased a custom build system from XtremeGear (the second link below) for $1116, but look around to see what is available. I was surprised to find that buying individual components weren't necessarily cheaper than buying a custom build (at least at the time I made my purchase) so don't rule out custom builders.

Custom gaming pc?

Q. I hope I'm not asking for much. I want a game pc so bad but I don't know where to start. Could someone out there possibly, just maybe tell me everything that is in your pc? This is for pc gamers only.


Answer
Here, ill copy an answer from a previous question into here. It should be very informative:

Building a PC isn't that hard, but you must be patient. Patience is key when building and you will always learn tricks of the trade. I love looking at different websites finding out how much stuff costs and why it does, what the technology is, why we are using it. You must must MUST do the research. It's easy to go out on one website and find everything you want, but to do it and know what you're getting and if it's a good price is a different thing. When researching the stuff like video cards, go to the company's website or if the website has specifications that you don't know about, look it up on google. Everyone has questions about technology, so don't think you're alone by any standard. When I took a computer building class in high school, we were given $500 to build a computer for a teacher, finding out what the needs were of the teacher, researching the products and finding the right prices to fit the budget. Sure, cut back here, add more there, but it's all about what you want. Check out these websites for great prices: www.newegg.com, www.pricewatch.com

People are always asking how one cpu or video card stacks up to each other. (ex. AMD vs. Intel or nVidia vs. ATI) Tom's hardware is the perfect place for that. Every year, they make benchmarks displaying how each thing stacks up to the next. It's always up to date and pretty amazing to see. Not only that, but they show you how they are used in popular games and applications that are user friendly. In fact, Tom's hardware even makes it easier by letting you choose which card you want to compare to another. www.tomshardware.com

When you think you have found the product you want, reviews are some of the best ways to go to make sure the product will last. PcStats.com offers good information on high end products as well as new technology. If you can't find anything there, go to cnet.com or epinions.com or anywhere that might have reviews. Newegg.com has tons of reviews for nearly everything people buy. In fact, they encourage reviews. Pricegrabber.com gives people $5 sometimes for reviewing products. Reviewing my sound boring, but its part of the research and could save you in the long run.

No, building a PC isn't hard, but here is a short list of things to keep in mind when you are shopping.
1) Does my motherboard socket number match my cpu socket number? AKA is it compatiable?
2) Do I have the right kind of RAM? bus speed match?
3) Video card or integrated? If video card, PCI-E or AGP? If PCI-E, SLI or Crossfire or neither (motherboard too)?
4) 500w of power is a safe number
5) Hard drive? EIDE or SATA? Got an OS?
6) Overclocking? Enough power? Right kind of heatsink?
7) Does it have the right number of ports? I/O? USB? Firewire? Parallel? Ethernet?
8) CD-RW? DVD? DVD-RW? Floppy?
9) Fans? Lights? (This is if you want cool looks)
10) Is the case what you want? Will it fit your needs?
11) When installing parts in the case, always always ALWAYS ground yourself. The easiest way to do this is to always have a body part (flesh) touching the computer case while installing. This prevent shorts and won't cause the motherboard to "fry".
12) Have fun. Enjoy building the computer.

I hope you have success in this venture and that it's fun. But don't forget to always ask questions. Don't buy something because it sounds cool. Look it up, find out what you are really getting. That way you know what's going into the computer and know that it works.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help for an good gaming pc?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment