Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I want to build a gaming pc for under 500.?




spc.field


Anyhow I don't know too much about pcs. I have came up with this build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GSZ5 I was wondering if this is any good . Any changes or sugestions please.


Answer
That's not much of a Gaming PC, ASRock isn't a very good gaming motherboard. You would need at least 8gb of Ram for a gaming PC.

You would also want to go with Intel over AMD. I'd go with an ASUS motherboard (either Rampage or Sabertooth) you can't be cheap with a gaming PC.

You can not build a Gaming PC for under $500. At least not a good one.

If you MUST go with AMD, you'd want to go with this:

Processor: AMD FX6300 6 core 3.5ghz ($119)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 ($80)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 ($65)
GPU: HIS Radeon HD7870 2GB ($210)
PSU: Corsair CX500 v2.3 600W 80 plus ($70)
RAM: CORSAIR XMS 8GB 240-Pin ($70)
HDD: Western Digital WD AV-GP ($90)
ODrive: Pioneer BDR-208DBK ($58)
case: CoolerMaster Elite 431 plus ($60)

Gaming PC under $500?




Mason


I have wanted a gaming PC for a while now, but being 13 i cant get a job. I managed to save up $500 and want a good Gaming PC. I prefer Intel i3 and up( my dad doesnt like AMD i dont know the difference) Thanks
It doesnt have to built when i buy it i will put it together if not done already



Answer
You need to raise your budget.

You can get the hardware alone for $500, but a copy of Windows costs $100 by itself. So your total cost would be closer to $600.

Here's a list of builds, each color is a different performance level. Green ($527) is the one you want. I suggest going with a cheaper case (NZXT Gamma) which saves you enough money to upgrade to the Core i3 2120.

http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-budget-gaming-pc-february-2012/

A Dual-Core Sandy Bridge Pentium G860 beats a cheap AMD processor for gaming, although I recommend getting an i3 if possible.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100_6.html#sect0

Your other option in this price range is buying a used gaming computer- if someone is selling a rig that cost them $650-$800 a couple years ago, you might find a deal for around $500.

**** Update ****
The built-in APU in AMD's A6/A8 processors does have much better gaming performance than Intel's integrated graphics, but it's still inferior to even a $60 graphics card.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to build a gaming pc for under 500.?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment