Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Computer keeps freezing when playing a game?




Rico


For some reason, whenever I play a PC game (More specifically Farming Simulator 2013) my computer just randomly freezes and I cannot do anything at all until I force restart my computer. Everything seems like it works completely fine but suddenly the audio starts repeating along with graphical errors and not being able to do anything happens simultaneously. I am nearly sure that my graphics card has something do with this because sometimes while watching YouTube videos the video will glitch and turn into a full green screen along with an error message that says my graphics card has successfully recovered.

My Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS. I have just recently installed this card into my computer.

Not sure if this matters as well but I also have 4 gigs of RAM



Answer
Update your graphics card drivers.

If you have the latest drivers, remove them and reinstall them.

Only do this from the NVIDIA website.

I had this problem when my brother put a new card in my computer and that's how he fixed it. Mine did exactly the same thing.

:)

Why are games stuttering?




MultiGamer


Most of the games get stuck multiple times/stutter on my PC. This happens for Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and a little bit for Prototype 2 on 1920x1080 resolution. Do I need to upgrade my RAM to 16 GB. My friend had 4 GB RAM and GTA IV was stuttering badly. He upgraded to 8GB and all stuttering disappeared. I haven't seen it yet but he said so.

NOTE: This only happens while turning the camera with the mouse. I can run freely without moving the camera.

My PC specs:
HP Envy h8 1400x
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.4 GHz
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 graphics card with 2048MB VRAM and 192 CUDA Cores
1 TB HDD with 500+ GB free.
Windows 8



Answer
Hi,

The GT630 is likely to be the cause of the issue. It's simply holding the rest of your PC back. It isn't fast enough to run games at 1920x1080; especially without turning some graphics settings down. I suggest you swap that card out for something like a GTX 760.

This is a good website where you can see how well graphics cards perform:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/27/battlefield-4-performance-analysis/3

It doesn't have the GT 630 on the list but it's worse than the HD 7770 (which is the worst performing card on that test).

Make sure your power supply is good enough first before changing graphics cards; I'd advise a 500w power supply; with at least 30A on the 12v rail(s). You can check for this by opening up the side of the case and reading the sticker on the power supply box.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Computer keeps freezing when playing a game?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment