Thursday, June 12, 2014

Budget Gaming PC under $800?




Grady


I desire to build a custom gaming PC for christmas this year, but my budget is...fairly low. I don't want to build one blind by choosing parts and doing the research only to be looking in the wrong place for the wrong things and wind up wasting my time.
Specs (nothing too specific):
-No less than 6gigs of RAM
-Could give two shits less about Hard drives space but must be HDD
-Prefer Intel i7 or i5 but if AMD fits the more bang for buck regime, then that's fine. (doesn't need to be unlocked... :D
-Windows 7 Home (I plan to install Ubuntu later on)
-needs a decent graphics card (so long as it can power most modern games on a medium to high setting, im fine
-Price range $650-750 (but if the price goes above or below these limits, that is fine so long as the curve isn't too large.


P.S. If any more info is needed to better help, I'll be glad to provide it. :)



Answer
I built a quick one on newegg, used my computer as a basis for it (runs everything I throw at it quite well)
I cant send you a link to the basket, so here is a printscreen:
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd426/ginny131/Capture.png

I have the phenom 955. Its a quad core processor, provides the best bang for the buck when it comes to gaming. Its an excellent overclocker, should you need the performance boost, and you should be able to get it up to 3.4 or 3.6 without any hassle on the stock cooler.
The motherboard is actually the model up from the one I have, and when it comes to computer parts if the next one up is $5 you should go for it. It will accept a bulldozer cpu if you ever need 8 cores (doubt you will).
The RAM was a requirement from you, you probably wont end up needing 8GBs (I have 4 and have never got 100% usage) but I guess it there should you need it :P
Graphics card - The 6870 is an excellent card, and should you want to crossfire it at a later date they have excellent scaling (2 cards will give you nearly double the performance of 1)
HDD - 500gb, you said you weren't too bothered so I just suggested a 500gb, you can always change that if you feel you need to (just add another one in when you fill that one up)
Power supply is there to allow room for upgradeability (is that a word?) down the line should you wish to add another 6870. Its also modular (only connect the cables you need) which is a nice bonus
dvd drive is only really there for windows and installing disc games for me, they're all the same really
finally the case is a solid case for the price, obviously if you don't like it you can pick a different one, but everything ive given you here should be good enough!

Total cost $801.91 with $60 worth of mail in rebates so that brings it down to $741.91, so your under budget :P


Any questions add them to more information and I will try and get back to you :)

Is this a decent gaming pc?




John Smith


Here's the link.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-computer-with-amd-phenom-ii-x4-processor-955-black-edition-gua140-gua140/10173254.aspx?path=492fdce24cffc2908ca366e13df5e0b4en02

I was hoping to play WoW and AT LEAST medium graphics on Skyrim and Crysis 2. I would upgrade the graphics chip as well. Is this a good enough computer. If not, any suggestion for a decent gaming pc under $750?



Answer
I think it's good, but not good enough for the games with finer graphics. You would need a better graphics card, in my opinion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Budget Gaming PC under $800?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment