Friday, May 2, 2014

What is a good Gaming PC configuation?




TMNT :] [


Well, I'm pretty bad at this stuff. I started looking at CyberPower.com but I keep making it 1.7+ Over. I have a max budget at around 1.2k, can go a little over. I want to run games like Crysis 2 (I'm putting that as my example for the graphical part) well, I want to run those graphics with good frames you know. Right now I have a Laptop...and It's pretty bad. Haha, I want it to be put together already, I don't want to take the risk to make it by myself. I don't care what it looks like. Please include a decent Mouse/Keyboard , and just the cheapest headset. Monitor!

Best and Cheapest (With explanations) Get's best answer!
Will add extra details to answer your questions.



Answer
Hi

Well, one thing i would suggest you is to make a custom build PC rather than go for CyberPower because that itself is going to save your 200-300$ with same configuration.

Here is the article that might help you for your custom built configurations :-

http://letschangeindia.in/topic/11-best-pc-within-budget-updated-june-2011/

Just go for all the recommended specs mentioned their and you can build your own gaming rig at approx 900$.

& yes, you can run all games including Crysis 2 at high settings without any lag :)

Save rest of money for future upgradation :)

I need help building a gaming pc!!!?




John


The tittle says it all... So far this is what i have- P.S if there are better parts for less money please let me know! --- for my processor i have the intel core i7 3820 lga 2011 boxed processor.----- for my graphics card i have the evga nvidia gtx 560 ti 2gb--- for my desktop memory/ ram i have the Dominator gt series 8gb ddr3-2000 (pc3-16000) Cl9 dual channel desktop memory kit-- for power supply i got the zx series 850 watt atx modular power supply--- for the pc case i have the Corsair Carbide series 300r mid tower atx gaming computer case--For the motherboard ive got the Asus p9x79 pro socket 2011 x79 atx intel motherboard--- im sorry this is so sloppy but im doing this on my phone...so can you guys give me the rest of the things i need? Like hard drive and what ever else im missing? Something good that wont cost to much plzz.. And this is my first time trying to build one so should i replace the power supply with something less?? Like 700 watt? And no i dont overclock nor do i wish to.. I hope you guys can help me out getting the rest of the parts/ replacing the ones i do have for better (the only game(s) i only want to play is arma 2 at the high possible settings or atleast high settings? Will these parts be good? Will they be able to run arma 3 when its out? Thanks for the help. ( my budget only goess up to 1400$ maybe a bit more)


Answer
Graphics card is by far more important than the CPU. Since you are starting at a little over $200 on the GPU, here are potential upgrades, where with ATI you lose PhysX. The ATI 7000 series improved the power use and do not cost any more than 6000 series equivalents and the 7000 has more stability now.
Radeon HD 7950 G3D 3804 $339.99*
GeForce GTX 570 G3D 3635 $279.99*
Radeon HD 7870 G3D 3456 $299.99*
Radeon HD 7850 G3D 3253 $249.99*
Vs the GTI 560ti at standard clock of 2991
The i7 3820 is excellent where your goal is 3D imaging and intensive calculations, but typically you can get by without noticeable affect with a lower end CPU.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60GHz 9669$300
Intel Core i5-3550 @ 3.30GHz 7621$210
You can cut $90 out with 21% drop in the CPU which in system terms is about 3 to 4% overall, but should not impact games, and the extra $90 should bring your GPU up a notch or used in other things below. I don't think you need that speed level of memory. The i7-3820/i5-3550 can only use to -1600 anyway. If you cut the CPU a bit, you also change the motherboard to a socket 1155. The 2011 board has overclocking of memory and CPU, but Ivy Bridge does not take well to overclocking, and you are into top speed memory anyway. Cut back the motherboard and CPU. You are pointing to a $320 motherboard in a gaming system but only a $200 or so Graphics power. Not wise. Also, not sure how much DRAM, but 8GB does 98% and anything more is pretty marginal. Figure a $100 to $150 motherboard at 6gb/sec, solid capacitors, supporting RST(SRT) for a 30GB SSD and should have PCI 3.0 even if not using it yet. H77(no overclock on CPU single graphics card) or Z77 chipset
Power supply is overkill, but I like a good one, so I would leave it. 80+ gold is nice. They wear down over time anyway. Make sure the 12V amps are well over the GPU needs in a single rather than dual rail if not using crossfire/sli. you can check game-debate for the card needs.

The case is a good case, but I think may be a little low end for your setup. I like more fan capability than the two 120/140mm the one you show has. The USB 3.0 is good to match a motherboard. Won't be specific about cases because the look is personal, but get one with more fan mounting places and maybe including them. I say some showing decibels of fans.

Your setup can run every game on the market.
look at desktop CPU and games here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html
You should have ultra on everything but Witcher-2, and not sure why it takes high end SLI for ultra.

Case and system fans, motherboard, power supply, CPU+cooling, GPU (graphics), hard disk drive, optical drive, RAM Dimms, operating system, display, keyboard, mouse, audio output as speakers/headset.
You have left:
CPU cooling (you are going stock right now, hard disk drive, optical drive, operating system, display, keyboard, mouse, audio output as speakers/headset.
Other than changes recommended.
I like using Intel RST as a 30+GB HDD cache which I think also holds the operating system. Using a 1TB 7200 RPM Sata 3 64MB Cache, your choice of 2ms display-monitors highly rated at Newegg
You can even add in an audio card later.
That's about it for my input.
Reduce the CPU+MB to 1155 H77 chipset +i5 3550, cut the ram speed to -1600, boost the GPU+Case(or at least the case since the GPU is fine as is) and use HDD cache and a decent base one, a nice monitor, consider upgrade of the CPU fan and adding an audio card later
You don't need to raise the GPU to play anything out today on super settings top end. You could just rebalance your costs and come in a little cheaper. Your Arma 2 is an easy graphics. You are over the top already on it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good Gaming PC configuation?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment