Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Im thinking about building my first ever gaming pc...?




Ballsax


I live in the UK but im visiting the US for a few weeks. I was thinking, after i heard alot of good things about newegg.com, that I might take advantage of the cheaper prices in the US and go ahead and order all the parts to make a new gaming pc.

There are 2 problems, firstly my budget. I only have a budget of around $600 for ALL the parts including taxes and shipping. Secondly, I have absolutely no prior experience of making a PC.

I would like to play games like Crysis and COD MW2 (when its out) on the PC, so obviously for Crysis I need a decent graphics card.

With some links to the specific equipment on newegg.com, could some one please create a spec list for my budget and also I need to make sure that the PC can run in the UK so it needs to be 240v not the 110v they use over in the States.

The $600 dollar budget is non negotiable although it doesnt include the Monitor as ill be getting that at a later date.

So yeh thats pretty much it, if you can recommend any better sites than newegg.com (i.e. cheaper) that would be great aswell.

Thanks in advance.



Answer
Go to a bookstore--Barnes and Nobles, Books-a-Million, whatever maybe a Walmart might have one. You need to get a copy of PCGamer magazine. Now, they have two versions: one has a plastic bag on it and has a disk with demos of new games and all kinds of cool stuff and if you look hard enough you will find one without the bag and disk its cheaper. You might like the disk but what you REALLY want is in the back of the mag: a list of parts and where to order them on the net for 3 levels of gaming computer: inexpensive, middle range, and hard core gamer goodness. I haven't looked at it in a while but the cheaper one is about $350-500, middle range is $700-900, and super-duper is $1700-2000. They also have a tutorial in the back on how to build it. I know, I know, its way cool. The thing about finding the magazine without the bag on it is that you can read it in the store to see if it is what you need. These guys are really into this, so you might be able to email them about the power source and they will not only point you in the right direction but put your question in the magazine next month with your PHOTO your NAME in it too. How is THAT for a vacation in America?
I'm telling you they will have not only 3 different levels of gaming rig but where to order the parts down to numbers and address. Now they have an entire PCGamer magazine dedicated to building a gaming computer-a special issue and a section in each issue but if you go to the tech section of the bookstore you will find a couple of great books you will love--Building Computers for Dummies I think is one of them--don't laugh, you may actually learn something that will keep you from frying your expensive parts by mistake.
You will learn a great deal just by studying the three different levels of video cards in the 3 different types of computer, along with a number of other details that will definitely help you make up your mind on a number of different possibilities concerning what you are able to create on your budget. Oh, and one more thing, my dear unknown friend of England, go to a Barnes and Nobles if you can find one. You can buy a giant cup of coffee--Cafe Breve is my favorite, walk the stacks, sip your brew, they even have tea come to think of it, and find your magazine in the magazine section, find your relevant book in the science tech section, walk to a very nice desk, and if you brought pen and paper you can write down stuff and even draw diagrams if you like. If it takes a while they even have lovely sandwiches-if they have a cafe section-and most do.
Don't return to England without going to Barnes and Nobles my friend you will have an intellectual adventure to tell your friends at home about AND if you actually build your computer this way it will become part of a way cool story that will end with you at a monitor and the kind of pure gaming goodness you've always dreamed of. Good luck, God speed, and JUST ONE MORE TURN!

Build me the best gaming PC ever?

Q. I've done well at work this year, and let's just say I was lucky enough to get a... well... sizable bonus. I've been wanting to build an amazing gaming PC for a while now, and now I can! Please recommend the absolute best build I can do! Maybe make links to it if you can.

Don't worry about the price! ;) i want the absolute best performance, at whatever cost!


Answer
Well, the best PC I've seen is NerdCubed's rig, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JhqZk9xr-k

Specs:
Case: Azza Fusion 4000
CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Six-Core 3.50 GHz 15MB Cache
SSD: 480 GB Intel 520 x4
HDD: 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive x2
RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) DDR3/1866mhz
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro Intel X79 Chipset,
Video cards: Liquid Cooling NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB x3

He bought it from Cyber Power: http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/

May be a bit over the top but you say you want the best :P




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Im thinking about building my first ever gaming pc...?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment