Sunday, May 11, 2014

What PC should I consider?




Razzak


I was looking to get a new PC because I do have an old one currently. I am a bit interested in a bit of gaming so much as being able to play Crysis 3 at a pretty decent level. One that is really thin and light so portable. I will not care for an optical drive however I don't mind if I get one. Lastly I was thinking the price range to be about $2000 or less.
I asked for a laptop because I take take my laptop with me for other reasons.



Answer
Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

For gaming laptops I would start here:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/ideapad/gaming-pcs
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/

Gaming laptops are pretty expensive. In your shoes I would get a performance desktop and then a separate more basic laptop. The reason is the $1500 or so you spend on a high end laptop now will be outdated as far as gaming performance within 2 years and you would need to repurchase to keep up to speed. You could get an excellent gaming desktop for well under $1000 and then an inexpensive laptop for $300-$500. The desktop would be relatively easy and inexpensive to upgrade over the next years while the laptop would chug along just as able to meet your mobile needs then as now.

YMMV

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.
Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.
Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.
Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.

What desktop to buy for gaming?




yes


I want a desktop pc for games like skyrim and call of duty, but i can't seem to find a decent one for under £350. Can anyone help?


Answer
Something like this if you can build your own and even that's £385. I can't see a way lower than that and still have even a bottom-rung gaming PC. Really, you need to start in the £450-500 range to get an decent machine.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zFRV
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zFRV/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zFRV/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor (£63.41 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£37.58 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£18.22 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£37.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card (£75.02 @ Dabs)
Case: Xigmatek Asgard II Black ATX Mid Tower Case (£28.31 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£44.53 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£67.96 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £385.20
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 14:25 GMT+0000)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What PC should I consider?
Rating: 95% based on 99438 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment